Liberty University Online?

Have you graduated or know anyone that graduated from Liberty University online with BS in Accounting? Were they successful with getting into grad school or getting a good job?

Favorite Answer

There are tons of online programs. I personally attended traditional and online-only schools, and I have taught for various online schools and traditional schools over the last five years. All are accredited and solid programs. Schools tend to vary in price, so we could say online schools are more expensive, but that is relative. Of course they are more expensive than a community college, but less expensive than Harvard. The price range varies.

The key is to find a program that is fully accredited. Is it worth it? YES. My career has boomed since my MBA at nearly 5 years ago. I am close to finishing my PhD through distance education, and I am at the job that I want. I know I wouldn’t be here without the education. If you are looking at work in the U.S., then you need a school that is accredited and recognized by the Dept of Ed. I can give more info on that later.

You should market yourself and not the degree or university. There are many traditional universities offering degrees that can be earned through online methods. Distance Learning Alliance has a list of these traditional online schools. Look at that if you are truly concerned with the name of the school. Good luck on your search!

• Emily

Liberty University is a great college both resident and online...I am finishing up my bachelors in psychology there and I have had "secular" employers that are very interested in me coming to work for them and are impressed with my knowledge and skills. As with any college, online or resident, you'll get out of it what you put into it. I have found all my professors to be both knowledgeable and helpful during my time there. And yes, Liberty is a conservative christian college, but even if you believe differently doesn't mean you can't benefit from attending...I have a friend that is wiccan and not only loves taking classes there but agrees that he is receiving a top-notch education. Liberty is fully accredited and you shouldn't have any trouble getting a great job or transferring credits should you choose to change schools later.

• Melli

liberty university online

• P G

I never heard of this school. The school is regionally accredited. Your success or failure is up to you. They also have their own graduate school. Most state graduate schools require a bachelors degree from an accredited undergraduate school.

As far as an online program, you'll either like it or you won't. You will have to have a lot of discipline.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberty_University

Although the culture/beliefs of this school is not to my philosophical or political leanings, it appears to have a good/solid curriculum.