Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 1 decade ago

4. Do you have information on the Loh and Spillar test that can be used to determine the Hubble Constant?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

yes, i found ou the two tests have been humping for some time and the specimens are now tainted

Source(s): taint
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The method of Loh and Spillar uses the photometric redshifts of nearly 1000 galaxies to determine cosmological parameters. A photometric redshift is measured by observing the flux of a galaxy through different filters, and combining this information to determine the Spectral Energy Distribution (SED) of the galaxy. This is different than the typical method of determining redshifts, which uses the shift of narrow spectral features. The photometric method concentrates on the broad features and overall shape of the spectrum. It is easier to obtain the photometric data than the spectroscopic data for dim galaxies. Using imaging detectors helps even more when multiple galaxies can be measured simultaneously.

Source(s): Aha! ñåÐå has used this secret knowledge of the Spacetime continuum to travel back in time and steal my answer before i had even thought of it. Curses!
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The method of Loh and Spillar uses the photometric redshifts of nearly 1000 galaxies to determine cosmological parameters. A photometric redshift is measured by observing the flux of a galaxy through different filters, and combining this information to determine the Spectral Energy Distribution (SED) of the galaxy. This is different than the typical method of determining redshifts, which uses the shift of narrow spectral features. The photometric method concentrates on the broad features and overall shape of the spectrum. It is easier to obtain the photometric data than the spectroscopic data for dim galaxies. Using imaging detectors helps even more when multiple galaxies can be measured simultaneously.

Source(s): My huge brain
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I am outraged! I am in a glass case of emotion here. You promised that we would always do our research to-geth-er. And, what do I find? Why, I find YOU going around, behind my back, courting the mega-brains that we all know frequent the Astro-physics category of Yahoo! Answers.

Well I hope you're happy with yourself, SG the Flautist. I hope you are pleased that you have destroyed what was once a GREAT partnership.

Source(s): I'll see you in Science Court!!
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Just step into the transporter, i can beam you here and show you my Hubble and how you can keep t constant

• 1 decade ago

I'm under a gag order that prevents me from talking about this pending outcome of a class-action lawsuit. Otherwise I'd love to help you out!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I like sparkly things, yeaaaaaay me!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't know God invented the universe. Science = Satan.

• pogue
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

As a matter of fact, I do. But...it's gonna cost you...

• 1 decade ago

No, but I do have GCG's penis.

*cries*

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.