Can taking the antidepressant Zoloft cause a false positive pregnancy test relust?

I was also taking provera..the doctor put me on it to regulate my cycle so i could get pregnant...would any of these meds make a false positive?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

It is perfectly fine to take zoloft while ttc and pregnancy! My OBG and I discussed the benefits and risk and there is none scientifically shown to cause any damage to your fetus. However this will not give a false positive. GL

Source(s): Mother of 2
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Nope, Zoloft will not affect the results of a HPT. But, if and when you are pregnant, I'd talk to your doctor about either stopping the Zoloft all together, or if you have been on it a long time, weaning off of it by lowering the dosages. It's not good to take medications such as that during pregnancy. But, I'm not a doctor, so I would just take your doctors recommendations.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No those meds should not cause a false positive. Get a blood test to be sure. Good luck!

• 1 decade ago

No but definately go see the dr. If you are pregnant you dont want to take some medicines like ZOLOFT!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I don't think zoloft would cause a false positive.

• Mrs.H
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

no...only false negatives exists if you get a positive you are pregnant...also my friend just had a baby before she knew she was preggers she was on antideppressants.....but if you are pregnant you have to stop taking them immediately.

• 1 decade ago

No way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.