Why does everyone think the state of iowa is a wasteland with no towns?
lol hello I live in Iowa there are tons of towns and if u dont know where Iowa is your a retard, and we have big Cities to.
who ever says it sucks, your state sucks
- gosam777Lv 71 decade agoFavorite Answer
1) Don't order filet mignon or pasta primavera at Jonesy's. It's a
diner. They serve breakfast 24 hours a day. Let them cook something they know. If you upset the ladies in the kitchen they'll kick your butt
2) Don't laugh at the names of our little towns (Shueyville, Strawberry Point, Cresco, etc.) or we will have to kick your butt
3) Don't order a bottle or a can of soda here. Here it's called
"pop". Accept it. Doing otherwise can lead to an ************.
4) We know our heritage. Most of us are more literate than you. We are also better educated and generally a lot nicer. Don't refer to us as a bunch of hicks or we'll kick your butt.
5) We have plenty of business sense. You have to make a living
here. Naturally, we do sometimes have small lapses in judgment from time to time, but we are not dumb enough to let someone move to our state in order to run for the Senate. If someone tried to do that, we would kick her butt
6) Don't laugh at our giant fiberglass strawberries and our Five
Seasons trees made out of metal. Anything that inspires tourists to buy 50,000 postcards can't be bad. And in Cedar Rapids don't point at the genitalia on Frank and laugh or we'll kick your butt
7) We are fully aware of how cold it gets here in the winter, so
shut the hell up. Just spend your money and get the hell out of here or we'll kick your butt
8) Don't order the vegetarian special at the local diner. Everyone
will instantly know that you're a tourist. Eat your steak well-done like God intended and have some potatoes with that, for heaven's sake! Also, don't ask what a hot dish is or we'll kick your butt
9) Don't try to fake an Iowa accent. We don't have an accent. Do NOT mention the movie "Field of Dreams" because that will incite a riot and you will get your butt kicked.
10) Don't talk about how much better things are at home because we know better. Many of us have visited big-city hell-holes like Detroit, Chicago, and Minneapolis and we have the scars to prove it. If you don't like it here, Interstate 80 is ready when you are. Move your butt on home before it gets kicked.
11) Don't complain that Iowa is flat and that all you can see is corn and hogs. If you whine about OUR scenic beauty we'll kick your butt all the way back to Milwaukee.
12) Don't ridicule our mannerisms. We only speak when spoken to. We hold doors open for others. We offer our seats to old folks because such things are expected of civilized people. Behave yourselves around our sweet, little grey-haired grandmothers or they will kick some manners into your butt just like they did ours.
13) So you think we're quaint or losers because most of us live in a
corn field? That's because we have enough sense to not live in
filthy, smelly, crime-infested cesspools like New York or LA. Make fun of our fresh air and we'll kick your butt
Now enjoy your visit and then go home.
- 7 years ago
IT does not matter where you live in the US all the states have there good and bad.Some just have more people in them then others.As far as Iowa goes it is a good place to grow up.
- 1 decade ago
when we moved out to Idaho, we stopped in a small town in Iowa along I-80 for lunch. All of the chatter stopped and it was dead silence when we walked in - didn't make us feel very welcome, I must admit. But, I know some folks from Iowa and they're nice.
- dream_catcher_83Lv 41 decade ago
That is funny! I went to a coach store in Houston Texas and wanted them to check if the purse I wanted was in stock in Des Moines. The Clerk said "Iowa... Iowa is that east coast or west coast?" and I said "neither its midwest" She laughed and said "Haha Guess my GEOMETRY is not very good" and people think we are dumb????
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 1 decade ago
i like Iowa. i've been there. Atlantic. very easy to get around. lots of corn. but they have gas stations and a couple dairy queens so it isnt a wasteland.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
I thought we voted Iowa off the map.
- Sam TaylorLv 71 decade ago
I wasn't aware Iowa was such a wasteland.
- grizzieLv 71 decade ago
Oh, there's nothing halfway
About the Iowa way we greet you
When we greet you
Which we may not do at all...Source(s): Is River City a real place?
- Noodles McGurkLv 41 decade ago
You need to listen to the song...Stuart by The Dead Milkmen for the answer.Everyone knows the queers are building landing strips for gay martians near DesMoines.
- LeeLv 71 decade ago
people live in iowa?