Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 1 decade ago

Anderson Silva vs. Cung Le. is it really going to happen?

people say cung doesn't have a chance of winning, but ive seen two videos where silva lost and they were both to two small asian guys. cung is not a average asian dood. hes stacked like a pitbull. i really want to watch this fight. will it be going down in 09 or 10?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Cnote
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well I'm not sure which two Asian guys you were referring to because 1)Silva vs Okami Silva was winning that fight Okami was desperately trying to get the fight on the ground and Silva was DQed from an illegal kick to an grounded opponent which was an amazing feat(pun intended) to do from on your back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StYulH-yKsk

Youtube thumbnail

2)Silva vs Chonan once again Silva was dominating the fight picking Chonan apart. Out of no where Chonan did a flying scissor takedown to a heel hook. Just one of those instances you can be winning a match and just get caught.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=267i7rKeECA

Youtube thumbnail

&NR=1

3)Now if you are referring to Silva vs. Takase then yeah Silva was getting kinda owned on the ground.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCJcY_jel9k

Youtube thumbnail

But Silva has been promoted to black belt in Jiujitsu since then by Nogueira so his ground game should be improved.

Cung Le is a great striker in my opinion but if you are going to make reference to the Asian guys Silva lost to it had to do with his ground game. Cung Le having background in San Shou would make his takedowns good but his ground game untested. I think it would be an interesting fight standing but ground it would go to Silva.

In terms of when the match would happen idunno. Cung Le is in Strikeforce and idunno when his contract expires. Anderson Silva wants to retire the middle of next year, but I think he has like 6 more fights on his contract which means it'll be longer. Silva definitely wants to retire by 35 which is about two years from now.

• 1 decade ago

He lost 'cause he didn't have a ground game, not 'cause they were Asian. Get off the race thing.

It may happen. Le's still got some fights left on his Strikeforce contract, but Dana White's been palling around with him. If he gets signed to the UFC, he'll likely have a tune-up fight first.

Should it go down, I'm picking Silva. He's got better boxing, a better clinch, and more power. The only place Le is better is in takedowns, and I don't think he's got enough submission experience to hold off a Silva submission.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That can't happen currently - Anderson Silva is in the UFC and Cung Le is not. The UFC doesn't let its fighters fight for other promotions. So unless Cung Le signs with the UFC, this fight isn't happening.

• foutz
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Anderson Silva with the help of entire domination, Cung Le were given rocked with the help of Shamrock and became get hit truly plenty with the help of Frank too and if Frank can rock him and hit him Silva is might want to to knock his block off and hit him many extra circumstances. Lee nevertheless desires to face a correct high quality opponent the his ideal win is Shamrock(which isn't that enormous now perchance 8-10 years in the past) and who's often used with what might want to have occurred in that wrestle had Frank no longer broke his arm because they were trading alot of photos Lee became getting the more desirable of Shamrock in spite of the undeniable fact that it became nevertheless quite solid trades. Lee's type also performs suited into Silva's type Lee is an in/out type fighter at the same time as Silva is a precision striker and he is going to make Lee pay for it each and every time he's for sale in to strike, that is only a terrible, terrible experience up for Cung. truly its really undemanding to count number Frank out at the same time as the awesome high quality opponent he beat became Tito decrease back in 1999 before Tito even began truly preparation demanding for the game.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

if it does, who cares. silva will win by murder.

edit

How good is Cung Le? He is an untested, old man. He has great skills, but c'mon people! He is not even on the level of Anderson Silva. When this fight happens, you will look back at my post, as Le is seizing on the ground, and say, "wow, that guy Richard M was right"

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

http://dailydosemma.blogspot.com

Cung Le has two fights left on his strikeforce contract and is currently making a movie.

Once he is done with his strikeforce contract expect to see him in the UFC.

Anyone saying Cung Le sucks needs to get a grip on reality. His standup is ridiculous. I personally think its more explosive and innovate than Anderson's striking, but Anderson has length.

That would be an amazing fight

Make sure to check out my MMA blog and click on an ad or two.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i hope it happens id love to see it. i think silva would take this one though, he has more experience in mma and on the ground than cung and it seems like he actually has more knockout power, although we havent seen much from cung in mma.

• 1 decade ago

This should be interesting...Cung Le, shorter but stocky and a technical striker. Silva, taller, lankier and also a technical striker.

• 1 decade ago

Their is alot of rumors between Liddell and Silva

• 1 decade ago

totally wont see it going down..even if cung le does get into the ufc his name isnt big enogh to put people in seats for atitle fight..if he WAS in the ufc he would have to fight through roster which would be interseting match ups..but I think silva would win anyway

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.