Jenn asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

what can I add to my chili tonight?

I don't like tomato chunks and my husband doesn't like it too spicy, but i want to add a little something extra. Any ideas?

• kt
    Favorite Answer

finely grated carrots add a wonderful flavor but are not noticable. I like to also grate a lot of sweet vidalia onion in mine. A great secret ingredient is chocolate-- I know i know sounds gross but it is delicious and adds a very subtle depth to the chili. dont add much! Add about 1/4 cup if you are making a large stock pot of chili. I also like to add corn towards the end of chili, and serve it over macaroni noodles. Here is another secret of mine for chili- cant believe I am actually posting this over the internet for everyone to see- Ranch dressing powder is AMAZING in chili... dont add the whole packet, just add by the tablespoon until you are satisfied with the flavor, its great!!! Also, I like to add a dash of cider or balsamic vinegar or red wine to balance the flavor of the acidity from the tomatoes.

I always use tomato puree, a can of tomato paste, add water to desired consistency then throw in ground beef (cooked), beef hot links, and spicy and mild italian sausage(cooked), and two cans of dark kidney beans and two cans of light kidney beans. I cut up some onion and sprinkle chili power until i get the right about of spice, which for me isn't too much. I also put in a packet of chili seasoning from the grocery store and you can get it in regular, mild, or hot.

I always eat it over noodles and add cheese on top, and have cornbread. Soooo yummy

Hm, Chilli. Amazing ;-D

This is the easiest chili recipe, and it is delicious and sure to please everyone. Using home canned tomatoes gives the best flavor, but is not necessary.

INGREDIENTS

* 910 g ground beef

* 2 onions, chopped

* 4 cloves garlic, minced

* 15 g chili powder

* 10 g salt

* 3 g dried oregano

* 4 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes

* 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce

* 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans with liquid

* add to recipe box Add to Recipe Box

My folders:

* add to shopping list Add to Shopping List

* add a personal note Add a Personal Note

DIRECTIONS

1. Combine ground beef, onion, and garlic in large stockpot. Cook and stir over medium heat until beef is brown. Drain.

2. Stir in chili powder, salt, oregano, tomatoes, and tomato sauce; break up tomatoes while stirring. Heat to boiling, reduce heat to simmer, and cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour.

3. Stir in beans. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes; stir occasionally.

Enjoy your Chilli. Hope this helps.

Source(s): Chef apprentice

I add corn and sometimes replace the beef with chunks of chicken or spicey itailian sausage. My husband hates tomatoes too, so I use petite diced tomatoes or tomatoe sauce.

My daughter adds vegetables like zucchini or corn to the beans and hamburger and a tomato sauce, easy on the chili powder!

We like ours served on pasta, like elbows with a dab of sour cream, chives or cilantro and shredded cheese.

the night before last I made some chili and added some sirloin steak pieces to it. It was great!

You can use any type of steak or meat you like. My husband and I had chili with filit migneon (spelling?) bits in it. That was super yum!

I buy petite, diced tomoratoes for the same reason. No one is our family likes big chunks of tomatoe. Works for us.

Saute onions and pepper, crisp tender. Simmer half of the chile not to spicy and your half you could add red pepper flakes.

MY CHILI ROCKS:

2LBS GROUND BEEF

I LINK OF POLISH SAUSAGE ( SLICED)

1 PURPLE ONION CHOPPED

2 CANS OF BROWN CHILI BEANS

I CAN ROTEL TOMATOES

1 TABLESPOON GARLIC SALT

1 TEASPOON PEPPER

JUST A FEW PIECES OF CHOPPED FRESH JALAPENO PEPPER

A SPLASH OF VINEGAR

TWO CUPS TOMATO JUICE

BROWN GROUND BEEF, POLISH SAUSAGE, ONION IN PAN

DRAIN GREASE

ADD BEANS, ROTEL, TOMATO JUICE, GARLIC SALT AND PEPPER, VINEGAR

COOK ON LOW HEAT FOR ABOUT AN HOUR...

SERVE WITH SCHREDDED CHEESE ON TOP AND A DOLLOP OF SOUR CREAM....

Lintel beans (: Its new, and interesting. Add some pepper in there, to give it that good taste, not spicy though. (: Hope this helped!

Source(s): Mom