Religiously speaking, what has happened to the R&S memes?

Like vile temptress and Bran muffins?

babby is pretty cool of course, and I guess *drink* stays forever. Also "religiously speaking" seems to have become a meme of its own.

Still... I miss bran muffins. Am I getting too old for this? And does anybody do an R&S raid anymore nowadays? Always helps to overcome the differences between the different groups on here.

Favorite Answer

Cultural evolution allows memes to disappear. The lifetime of memes depends on a variety of factors.

The psychopath who started calling users "vile temptress" and inspired VT as a badge of solidarity disappeared for a while. One of the old accounts showed up briefly. This was followed by a series of accounts which were foisting "atheists in misery". There is a term for a locked in meme in one person: perseveration. It is a sign of schizophrenic behavior, among other things. Since the one person who initiated VT moved on to other memes to fix on, the stimulus for the reactionary usage was withdrawn.

On the other hand, *drink* is reinforced by the repetition of simple fallacies.

I haven't ROAMed for ages, now that you get me thinking about it.

I wouldn't know... I don't even get the 'drink' thing :(