Rhiannon asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Is Alice in Wonderland being made into a movie?

I heard something about it. Apparently Tim Burton is Directing which means, of course, Johnny Depp will be involved somehow.

Does anyone know if this is true?

Favorite Answer

There are actually TWO Alice in Wonderland movies in production.

The one getting hype and media attention Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. Depp will be playing the mad hatter. Release is expected in 210.

The other in production is by a guy named American McGee. He created a video game with EA called "Alice" which is a twisted cynical wonderland 3rd person action game. He is now in the process of making his creepy game into a movie. Last time I checked production was halted due to running out of funds. Release date is expected in 2009.

Both of these producers have a gothic tinge to their work and it will be interesting to see what they both come up with. American McGee's will probably be aimed at a more mature audience (judging from his other works and comparing it to Burton's past works). I have high expectations for both of these movies, they better not kcuf up!

• JOHN B

Yes, it apparently is true. The early buzz on the internet (today, Nov. 17th) is that the film is in production, and is scheduled for a release date in March 2010.

Here are some brief details:

"Below is an image that appears to be our first look at Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter in Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. The image comes from Johnny-Depp.org and is probably one of the creepiest and weirdest things I've seen all day. Depp will appear alongside Anne Hathaway, Helena Bonham Carter, Michael Sheen, Mia Wasikowska, Matt Lucas, Crispin Glover, " also mentioned are Christopher Lee , Alan Rickman, etc.

Source(s): IMDB.com

Yes, that's true. A new movie of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.

I think Johnny Depp will be the Mad Hatter.

Mia Wasikowska will play Alice.

I read about it on the BBC news website a month ago, and it is true.

Don't hold your breath though.. imdb says it won't be out until 2010.

This link has all of the details: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1014759/

:)

Yeah, Tim Burtons making it

yes it is true because johnny depp and tim burton are the best together.

Um... ya they made it like 20years ago. but a movie movie- na i dnt think so

i think so can yah probably hey can you pick my answer as the best so i can get points please!