Changing Anti-Depressant?? Citalopram (Celexa/Cipramil) to Sertraline (Zoloft)?

I was prescribed 20mg of Citalopram (Celexa / Cipramil) but after 4 weeks, i continued to have sleeping problems. I could sleep for the first two hours but then wake up constantly thorough out the night. I thought it was a side effect but it never went. I went back to my GP and was prescribed Zopiclone... show more I was prescribed 20mg of Citalopram (Celexa / Cipramil) but after 4 weeks, i continued to have sleeping problems. I could sleep for the first two hours but then wake up constantly thorough out the night. I thought it was a side effect but it never went. I went back to my GP and was prescribed Zopiclone (Zimovane) 7.5mg to get me to sleep. This wasn't working so i took 15mg instead. This worked, but i argued with my GP this morning that i didn't want a pill to get me through the day and several to get me through the night. She suggested it was still a side effect and it would disappear but i wanted to change tablets. She has now put me on Sertraline (Zoloft) 50mg. This is the same type of drug as the other, so how is it going to be any different. Does it have different ingredients? She told me to take it as normal without coming off Citalopram? Is this ok to do? Will the Sertraline work quicker? Isn't 50mg stronger than the 20mg of Citalopram?

Has anyone had any problems with Sertaline?

Sorry for all of the questions but i don't trust my doctor.

Many thanks in advance :-)