What makes Australia famous?

What icon is best in representing Australia Is it the beer, kangaroos, vegemite? Give me your opinions?

Best Answer

The Capital in the middle of a sheep paddock

The accent

Hugh Jackman

Drop Bears

I am Australian so some of the things that make us famous?

Vegemite.. Isn't actually Australia owned anymore which is crud.

Kangaroo's are awesome.

Standing by the bbq and having a beer is always fun

Thongs (shoes)

Steve Irwin is pretty awesome

Nicole Kidman is Australian.

We are in the middle of a continental plate so we don't get earthquakes (although I don't think that makes us famous)

Probably the main thing is the actors and actresses that come from Aus and our native wildlife, such as Koala's and Kangaroos.

Oh yeah and can't forget the accents and how people always assume we say "G'day mate" even though not all of us do. I actually say Howdy.

• Genie

Marsupials. I'd go with the kangaroo or the koala. They don't live anywhere else and they were around way longer than the beer or the vegemite.

• all4it

VB Beer, Kangaroos, emus, koalas, wombats, Vegemite. Ayers Rock, The sydney harbour bridge, aboriginals, diverse landscape.

Out of the three you offered,,, Id say kangaroos, followed by vegemite, then beer.

Source(s): I live here

Certainly the famous icons are the kangaroo and the emu and koala bear (as seen on the country's seal). I was there last March and things that no one else mentioned are the Great Barrier Reef, the beaches, the vineyards and the outback.

Kangaroos

The kangaroo is one of Australia’s most iconic animals, and most species are endemic to Australia. There are over 60 different species of kangaroo and their close relatives, with all kangaroos belonging to the super family Macropodoidea (or macropods, meaning ‘great-footed’). The super family is divided into the Macropodidae and the Potoroidae families.

The Macropodidae (macropod) family includes kangaroos, wallabies, wallaroos, pademelons, tree-kangaroos and forest wallabies. Species in the macropod family vary greatly in size and weight, ranging from 0.5 kilograms to 90 kilograms. The Potoroinae (potoroid) family of kangaroos includes the potoroo, bettong and rat-kangaroo, which live only in Australia.

Kangaroos of different types live in all areas of Australia, from cold-climate areas and desert plains, to tropical rainforests and beaches.

• Kimmy

Vicious Kangaroos Eating Muffins.

The first things that I think of are Kangaroos, Steve Irwin and Crocodile Dundee!

i am currently living in australia and after being here i would say the accent, opera house, the term "down under", crocodile hunter, vegemite, (ironically) fosters. but the stereotypical icons don't often match what aussies would call essential to their national identity.

Probably the kangaroo. Thats pretty much what everyone thinks of when they hear Australia.