Patrick asked in EnvironmentGreen Living · 1 decade ago

Is there any drying application of solar energy?

I have a research about drying application by solar energy but I have no idea what kind of application is this. Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • lc001
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Basically, using the sun to dry is a drying application using solar.

I would think we're talking about mainly dehydrating food stuff, something every culture has a little expertise in. From beef jerky to dried fish to preserved fruits and vegetables, we're talking free energy to preserve our food. Dried food should last for quite a while, and has the added benefit of more compact storage and weight.

Other than that, there's drying clothes (but that's a mix of air and heat drying). and making adobe bricks for building.

Good luck!

• 4 years ago

This is the short version. First, solar and geothermal are 2 different energy sources. Solar(sun)energy is captured in photovoltaic cells inside solar panels, then it's stored in batteries for later use. Solar panels can also be used to heat water. Whereas, geothermal energy is primarily used to heat houses. It's done by digging down to certain depth, and using the temprature at that depth to heat a liquid that will be circulated throughout the floors or radiators in a home.

• 1 decade ago

I use solar energy to dry my clothes, I hang all my wet laundry on a rope and the sun dries them.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i don't know but i want you to be my friend

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.