siemens transportation of sacramento?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • cyndee
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

About Siemens Transportation Systems Inc. (U.S.)

Siemens Transportation Systems Inc. (STSI), headquartered in Sacramento, CA, is the number one manufacturer of light rail vehicles in North America having sold more than 1,000 light rail vehicles over the past 20 years. STS supplies rail vehicles, systems and services to public transit agencies and Class 1 Railroads to help move people and goods efficiently and timely. As a leader in delivering complete mobility solutions, STS also offers innovative rail technologies like energy storage management systems that can help cut greenhouse gas emissions by as much as 175 tons annually. Its product portfolio includes traction electrification, propulsion systems, rail automation, rolling stock and integrated services for light rail, heavy rail, commuter rail and locomotives. For more information, please visit: http://www.mobility.siemens.com/usa .

About Siemens

Siemens AG (NYSE: SI) is a global powerhouse in electronics and electrical engineering, and operates in the industry, energy and healthcare sectors. For more than 160 years, Siemens has built a reputation for leading-edge innovation and the quality of its products, services and solutions. With nearly 400,000 employees in 190 countries, Siemens reported worldwide sales of $96.6 billion in fiscal 2007. With its U.S. corporate headquarters in New York City, Siemens in the USA reported sales of $19.8 billion and employs approximately 70,000 people throughout all 50 states and Puerto Rico.

Source(s): I had to research this. I have lived here all my life and never heard of them. We have a light rail system in our town called Regional Transit, or R.T. Metro. Sacramento area resident.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.