How do you change the language in a movie?

I am making a homemade movie and it is in english but I would like to make a french version. How can I change the language from english to french without redoing the whole movie and trying to speak french in it.

Favorite Answer

That isn't possible. Translators won't work for that sort of thing, because in Movies, you have background noise. Background noise means muffled microphone, which means that the translator won't pick up the words. Even if it did, it wouldn't work, for a lot of reasons.

The only thing you would be able to do, as the guy above said, is to get someone to translate the script, and then add subtitles to the movie. That would be the easiest way of doing it.

Hope this helps!

It is best subtitled in French.