HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING, if in the upcoming tax season what if the IRS finds that?

a significant number of say, Utah residents were gifted significant cash gifts from the LDS church that say, were similar in amount to what they coincidental contributed to say, some political campaign, and the IRS were to find this suspicious, could the LDS church be investigated for indirectly supporting said... show more a significant number of say, Utah residents were gifted significant cash gifts from the LDS church that say, were similar in amount to what they coincidental contributed to say, some political campaign, and the IRS were to find this suspicious, could the LDS church be investigated for indirectly supporting said campaign, by means of reimbursing members for their hefty donations?
Update: As you can tell by my question, I'm clueless about this thing. So there is an entity that would be interested or curious? I'm just interested and impatient, I have no knowledge or means to report anything. I was just thinking that on tax forms and bank records, this stuff would surface, and somebody... show more As you can tell by my question, I'm clueless about this thing. So there is an entity that would be interested or curious? I'm just interested and impatient, I have no knowledge or means to report anything. I was just thinking that on tax forms and bank records, this stuff would surface, and somebody somewhere might say, Hmmm, interesting that gifts were similar in amount to donations........ just interested.
Update 2: Plastic Punk - I'm grateful to the Mormons (and the KofC) who gave so generously. They bought themselves a total nation that will have legalized same sex marriage in 10 years because prop 8 passed. If Prop 8 failed, it would have stayed in CA, but now, because it violates the US Constitution, it'll be... show more Plastic Punk - I'm grateful to the Mormons (and the KofC) who gave so generously. They bought themselves a total nation that will have legalized same sex marriage in 10 years because prop 8 passed. If Prop 8 failed, it would have stayed in CA, but now, because it violates the US Constitution, it'll be tossed, and when that happens people can use that as precedent and petition the courts in their states to legalize same sex marriage, and their courts must do it, because there is no law that is above a constitutional amendment.