Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

have liberals taught conservatives a valuable lesson?

in that, today, it's about winning for winning's sake? this upping the ante to a new level of audaciousness. it seems to be, simply, about being competitive to the extreme with no useful goal. we see this in that they have taken control of government ,after which, all will sit back and wonder what to do next, like a raven that has taken an expensive timepiece with no understanding of it's true usefulness. this ideology would surely be of use against our enemies ,who, having a very definite and one dimensional goal, could not even conceive of such intrepidity. maybe the problem with our military actions, is that we are always hitting the most likely of targets which is easy for them to understand as it fits into their narrow mindset like a piece of puzzle, a perfect fit, allowing them to make use of propaganda already in place waiting like seeds awaiting the spring rain.

but ,suppose, we hit them continuously on fronts that have little or no value other then to exasperate their senses completely, winning just for the sake of winning, always keeping them off balance and wondering what insidious plan we may be concocting next? basically, using terror against terror, stalling and even reversing their propaganda against itself.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes i posed a q which i showed what right wing issues Obama stood for ie war on terror foreign military aid etc and the Obama bots were like "great i am glad you agree wth him that's so cool" wtf they hated Bush for these same issues but since Obama is on their team they just follow blindly as long as its their team.....

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It sounds like you haven't learned the first lesson about economics.

It's not a zero sum game. One person's wealth doesn't come at anybody else's expense. Unlike soccer where my teams win at the other teams' expense (or, won - I just hung them up after going 29-3-4 with three separate teams), in the market, it's win-win. Bill Gates wins because he provides the rest of us with the operating system we want. Ford loses because they don't provide us with the automobiles we want.

The problem wasn't audacity - or "audaciousness" as you put it - the problem was the one part of the economy that is completely centrally controlled - the supply of money and credit. The Fed kept rates too low in the mid to late 1990s, enabling the NASDAQ bubble to form - the Fed popped it but didn't soak up the liquidity. Then the Fed cut rates too far for too long after 9/11. The results were bubbles in credit-driven assets - commodities and real estate. Other factors, particularly low margins rates at the NASDAQ (since corrected) and CRA and other poor lending policies in the housing market, steered this excess liquidity into those particular assets - but they'd have gone somewhere else, causing another bubble, otherwise. The Fed, following its playbook, ultimately decided to prick these bubbles when the liquidity had started to spill over into CPI.

• 1 decade ago

Power for power's sake is not a Republican exclusive. But they have certainly taken it to the most extreme in the last eight years. Obama seems to be quite different. I believe he really wants to achieve something good for America, not just for himself.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

re: "this ideology would surely be of use against our enemies"

first, you must be able to define your enemies - this has not yet been done properly - there is still much doubt as to whether or not terrorism should be dealt with as a 'war' or as a criminal matter - it could well be that the FBI could have handled this with InterPol without spending a trillion dollars and killing thousands of civilians

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They have shown me that if you control the mainstream media and you can raise enough money, whatever the source, you can buy the presidency and congress. We now have the best misgovernment that money can buy.

• 1 decade ago

The lesson you should have learned by now: Karl Rove is a pinhead.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You could use a lesson in constructing a coherent argument (not to mention constructing a coherent paragraph).

• Cherry
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I have no idea what you are talking about, or if your banner question was sarcastic or serious, but I'll tell you this much: we have been living for eight years under a horrific government and a leader who is bound to bankrupt the country.

I'll take my chances with the Libs, thank you.

• It is just a case of Bush helping the liberal democrats and also the democrats are getting votes by dividing America

•   
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

The lesson is people are more valuable than money.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.