do you think this is big/fat?

I'm about 5'6-5'7, I wear size 7 or 9 in jeans. I'm not sure how much I weigh. But do you think I need to lose some weight.

• MS
    Favorite Answer

GAWD no....you're slim!!

Any thinner and you'll be a toothpick. If you want to look like a model, you'll lose weight and get yourself that "heroin addict" look, but if you want to be PHYSICALLY attractive and a head turner in REAL LIFE, you'll simply stay at the weight you are at and shake what your mama gave ya!

You're looking at the wrong question.

Being fit and active, thereby enabling you to enjoy more of life, more of what the world has to offer, should be a goal in itself. Pursuing that goal through appropriate food choices (notice I didn't use the word 'diet') and exercise will give you as a side benefit a body that is nice to look at.

But the frame of mind should be from within - building "me" - they call the pronouns "I" and "me" first person, as opposed to second or third person, for a reason.

No it sounds like you are in proportion, but without more info it's hard to answer you exactly, I mean what build are you, if you a athletic, this sounds perfect but if you are slightly more curvie or pear/apple shape you might feel better with a pound here or there but nothing too much. As already suggested, weight yourself & see what your BMI is, this will give you a better guide line.

To me, you sound like a perfect weight. You're not too skinny and not too fat. I also think it's great that you don't know exactly how much you weigh. Want to know why? Because we all need to be focused on health rather than weight.

We need to eat a healthy diet, exercise at least half an hour per day (my doctor says to do something that is active enough to make you get just slightly out of breath every single day, and then do some sort of weight or other training every other day), and take measures to maintain equilibrium in our lives like avoiding undue stress and having a bit of fun and maintaining moderation in anything that could be harmful.

If you are healthy and fit, you're going to look it and a pound here or there isn't going to matter. Muscle is heavier than fat, but muscle makes you look better. A woman who does aerobic exercise and who does some weight and fitness training is going to be standing up straight, her tummy will be flatter, her clothes will fit better, she'll walk with pep in her step. She's going to be stronger, feel better and more energetic overall. And all that good energy and living in a healthy body-mind-spirit is just going to make her irresistibly beautiful inside and out, no matter what her weight is! Focus on the prize of health, and you'll look good no matter what size your clothes are!

If you do happen to want to calculate if you are a good "weight" or not, what you should aim for is a body mass index of 18.5 to 24.9, with 20 being a good thing to shoot for. You can calculate your BMI using this web site: http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/ (but you'll have to weigh to put your weight into the calculation). But seriously, if you eat a healthy diet (low in animal fat and high in veggies and whole grains) and exercise (half an hour per day), live a good lifestyle (manage stress and be well rounded), you'll feel great and you won't need to fret about weight because it will take care of itself.

Oh, and one other thing. Avoid the sugars! Not only do those sugar carbs turn right to fat, they skew your taste buds to make you crave even more sugar, and all that sugar makes you prone to diabetes as well as obesity! If you're young, it may not sound like a big deal, but health is a big deal! I've lived in other countries, and my doctors in those places were more up front with me than my American doctors about how terrible obesity is for your health. Obesity creates all kinds of preventable problems like joint degeneration (osteoarthritis), heart disease, stroke, diabetes, etc etc. On the other hand, you really don't want to be like the typical American all obsessed with weight and doing these strange diets that never work. Just good-old exercise and moderation will do the trick.

But with your present size, sounds like you're already doing great size wise, and if you don't know your weight it's great because it shows you're focused more on health and on being YOU rather than obsessed with some number from a chart somewhere. Keep it up and live healthy! :-)

Weigh yourself and check your BMI to see if you are overweight if you're concerned, although I severely doubt that you are actually overweight.

If you're in the Ideal range and you're still wondering, try doing some light aerobic exercise and massaging your skin with moisturiser to tone up a little, and you should feel better about yourself.

I think you could do with putting on a few pounds. Size 10 at least.

NO!! You sound like you are at a fine weight! If u want to make sure ur Healthy tho...check in with ur dr or a nutritionist!

no, dont lose any weight you will be anorexic. Eat pies and get some more meat on you! I think really skinny girls look rank.

• I would say that is about normal.

I'm 5'4 and I wear a size 5 usually.

im the same height..well im 5'7-5'8. i wear a size 5 and i think im ok. size 3 would be nice but if i lose some fat and gain more muscle size 5 is good. id say you should be a 5 too