Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsPhotography · 1 decade ago

Looking for a fisheye lens?

I have a Canon Rebel Ti and a Nikon D40. I really want a fisheye lens. Is there one for either of those? If so, where? If not, what kind of camera should I get to use with a fisheye?

Favorite Answer

Go for the Tokina 10-17mm fisheye-zoom.

You can find it for only Nikon D40 (works only on cropped sensor cameras).

This lens offers a true 180 degree diagonal fisheye view at the 10mm setting and goes up to 17mm ultra wide angle non-rectilinear, thus giving you much more creative possibilities.

It is also much cheaper than hte Nikon 10.5mm and at the same time of very high image quality/sharpness.

Source(s): I am a photographer.

Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Lens. All good but is about £500

For the amount of money you are going to spend on it and the amount of shooting you will do with it, it is not an economical decision. I bought a lens one time for one picture that I thought I could get with it. That could not be done and you could not even use a fisheye to get a reasonably perspective. Fisheyes will warp perspective most often.

I have the Tamron 11-18mm for Canon. I've been pleased with the results I've gotten with it. I think they also make one for a Nikon mount.

I got mine fairly recently for $400 new, with warranty.

See: http://cgi.ebay.com/Tamron-11-18mm-f-4-5-5-6-Di-II...

try B&H photo or adorama - both top notch sites, also sell used. Let me tell ya - fish eye is probably the least used lens out there - make sure you rally want one ---

Your looking to realy spend alot of money fish eye lenes are not cheep

These are available thru Amazon.... and turn up on Ebay ever so often....