Missed a month of class in college, what should I do?

Okay so the background story is; I've had mono - basically worst case possible. I'm still ill but have returned to classes.

There are about 2 weeks left of this semester and I've missed a full 4 weeks + a few days of class. I can't continue into next semester unless I pass first semester - basically..

should I even try?

Im 50/50 either way, i Just don't know what to do..

• eri
    Favorite Answer

Pull out your syllabus and do some math. How many assignments have you missed? Is it still possible to pass any of the classes? Get in touch with your profs immediately - hopefully you've already told them what was going on so they didn't just drop you from the class. Find out if you can take an incomplete or withdraw instead of failing them all.

• Cami F

Do you know for sure you're still enrolled in the class? Usually after 3 missed classes the professors will drop you. But if you talked to them beforehand you should check your syllabus and keep in contact with your teachers through email to see what mroe you can do and if you have any questions about the assignments. I think you should try. You'll feel so much better just getting that class out of the way plus during the first 2-3 weeks you're given time to drop a class so it doesnt effect your GPA, you might want to make sure this wont happen or if you're still given the option to withdraw. But like I said you should finish the class and get it over with. If you show initiative that you want to and get in contact with your teachers they'll help you out.

Did you provide your professors with a doctor's note? If so, they may be a bit more understanding and give you an I (incomplete) at the end of the semester and give you time over Christmas break and maybe even next semester to get your assignments in. If you did not give them a doctor's note, you better hope that they are very understanding people.

Speak with your instructors and tell them your situation. Instead of giving you a failing grade for the semester, they may be able to give you an "Incomplete" and allow you extra time to finish up after the semester ends. If you complete the work this will probably show on your transcript. For example, if you get an "A" in the course, your transcript will read "A/I".

You should speak to your professor face to face, and do it right away. He/She will be the one to decide whether you should continue or drop it. I say do your best to stay in the class and pass it. You'll be glad you did.

Source(s): personal experience/opinion

do self study for 15 days

sure u will get through