Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 1 decade ago

Can Americans fix the problems of an economic recession by developing a smoking habit?

If everybody smoked a pack of cigarettes a day, small shops and the tobacco industry would have boosted profits. The tax on the cigarettes could pay off that 700 billion dollar bailout.

Favorite Answer

You'd all also die a lot earlier, easing the long-term burden on social security. Since your healthcare is private, it's probably an economic lifesaver.

Source(s): Cynical smoker

LOL! Political satire!

Personally, I'd rather deal with the health problems of consuming chocolate cake with fudge frosting each day. And they could start taxing chocolate, I guess (-:.

No, no, I'm wrong; your idea is better.

Imagine: chocolate tax. What a travesty!

it is a strange idea but i guess yeah it could work i am no smoker but if you get everyone else to puff on a pack a day i might join in

that's a terrible idea!!vwhat happens when they all developed lung cancer and needed meidical treatment

YES!!!!!!!