John D. asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

Do you think that being a kind caring person is a weakness?

Or a curse. I think it is it rarely gets returned. So why should I care anymore?

Even more convinced now it's a curse.

Favorite Answer

No, it's not a weakness, it's a strength. Keep being who you are.

Well, what are your alternatives? You can become an aging, bitter person. Close off your world to others and eliminate any possibility of being hurt again. If that's what you do your doors are not open. Goodness, happiness and love won't get in.Those things are out there.It's hard to tell it by the news we are bombarded with. People fighting,killing, entire countries at war.But if you look, really look, you will see examples of love and generosity that will move your soul. They don't get air time. They usually aren't headline news but it is out there.

It sounds as if you have been hurt.I get it. I've been there.I file it away under "fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me" They don't get the opportunity to take advantage of me again. I'm not mean. I just do not go out of my way again. Then let's examine why we are nice. Is it to get the pat on the back? Do I stop at a four way sign and wave the other guy on because (1) I'm just nice or (2) I want that wave of thanks.So, protect yourself. Don't take things too personally. Some people are just thoughtless jerks. It is not aimed at you in particular. Keep on. Be your kind self. Look for the love in the world. It will payoff.

John, it's a strength!!!

Kind people have a good heart, it's a positive.

Kind people don't hurt others, don't fight... don't go go to wars???

They are origin/foundation of the "NEW WORLD of PEACE"!!!

This "Special Persons" are so nice, it's so pleasant to be with them!!! Their brain is more powerful than average people.

The good news:

Everybody can improve their brain capacity and become very kind, check the Brian Tracy system:

Stanford studies have shown that the average person only uses 2% of their brain power.

Can you imagine how much more you could accomplish if you could tap into the other 98%?

I teamed up with the leading authority on this subject to show you how to unlock the genius inside you (Brian Tracy).

http://www.briantracy.com/acceleratedlearning/defa...

Because in the end, you don't answer for others actions and heart attitude but for your own! Being kind is not about other people deserving it, its about you and keeping your attitude pure moreso. There are many many paradox's in life, give and you receive back, forgive and be forgiven too. I know people are difficult, but we need to fight to become and remain and grow as kind, moral people, for our own spiritual, mental and physical health as well (Physical because hatred, strife and stress affects our health). We really need to set a better example than many others have.

i have the same problem. i actually am seeing a psychiatrist and what she told me is that i am TOO caring. i am trying to hard to please everyone else and make everybody happy and it's taking away from my own happiness. She said im trying to make myself happy by other people appreciating me. (if that makes any sense - i understand what she said but i don't know if i explained it well) she told me i actually need to start being "not so nice" to everyone and it will make me a lot happier.

When you are a nice, caring, kind person, others are more likely to take advantage of you.

yes, at times, it is a weakness because people start taking advantage of your caring attitude and of your kindness!!! they never take you seriously!!! they always think that you are a weak person!!! they think that you will never tell them " no " and that you will always be there for them no matter what they may do to hurt you!!! but we caring people can take it only this much and then we explode!!! ( unfortunately, i have been a victim due to my excessive caring attitude!!! )

It is about a balance between kindness and firmness..not to be a pushover, but not to be too severe

No. Not at all. Was Mother Theresa weak?

No i dont.. but it is usually taken advantage of, unfortunately ...

Keep being sweet! =)

Source(s): Brooklynn