What upgrades can I do to my laptop in order for it to stop lagging while I play World of Warcraft?

I have a laptop and my gameplay is quite poor since my Frames Per Second (FPS) rate is usually around 9-10 FPS and in Battlegrounds it's usually at 5-6 FPS, and I need to find a way to play World of Warcraft without lag and doing it cheap at that. By the way a problem that almost always occurs is that while i'm playing WoW the screen turns black and restarts and then I get an error message.

So if anyone could help me with this it will be greatly appreciated just for some additional information this is my laptop's information.

Windows Vista Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001)

System Model: HP Pavilion dv6500 Notebook PC

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T5250 @ 1.50GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 2038MB RAM

DirectX 10

Display

Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family

Approx. Total Memory: 358MB

Current Display: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60GHz)

Favorite Answer

After you log into WoW go into the Video settings and turn your shadows off all the way. Just slide the bar to the left. This will help quite a bit.

There are two things I can think of: 1) You're on a laptop and after 'X' minutes, it turns off power to the hard drive or something like that. But I presume you're plugged in and that you've checked your performance settings. If not, I'd check that out first. or 2) You don't have enough RAM. That would explain why it works for a bit and then gets laggy but restarting your computer (which clears your RAM) fixes it temporarily. Suggestions: 1) Remove large files from your desktop to your C: drive. Most people don't realize that files on your desktop actually are cached in your RAM and so if you had something like Microsoft Office or WoW on your desktop or all of your files are on the desktop, it uses a lot of RAM. 2) Exit non-essential programs before playing. They all consume RAM. Might even want to create a different 'user' just for gaming that doesn't load up a bunch of things like quicktime or messenger that you don't need while gaming. Turn off any automatic windows updates or security updates. Also, if you have vista, turn off 'indexing' which is chronically running in the background on most computers. 3) Buy more RAM! Take your laptop in to see what it can handle. Not all Laptops are made to hold 4gigs of RAM and that's why it's usually better to have someone install it. RAM has hit rock bottom prices in the last six months. Some as low as $20 for 2G of RAM. Just make sure your laptop can handle it before buying or installing. Hope that helps.

• The biggest improvement will be seen by upgrading your CPU (Processor). I play with a minimum of 2.5 Ghz. Anything over 2.0 though and you will see a massive difference.

The restart is from overloading the laptop. Too much information is being processed and the laptop cannot keep up. The computer auto-restarts thinking that there is a virus or hacker. This is in attempts to protect itself from losing information.

If you get an Error 132 message, hop over to the Blizzard Tech Support forums. They have numerous fixes that you could try for an Error 132. Hope this helps and good luck!

there will be options when u open the game, u need to lower all these and put on some that will improve the fps (it will say if it improves whenever u scroll over the box) adjusting the sound helped me not to lag (i think it makes it easier on the processor not to run the sound). Try getting a faster internet connection, make sure your not running ANY other programs while you play, memory needs to have at least half open even with WoW downloaded, and i need a Graphics Card, should c which card u have that could be the problem

• Brady?

You seem to have pleanty of Ram but you still might need an upgrade, depending on when your last upgrade was. Get a RAM and Memory upgrade, you dont need anything else.

• o_O

omfg lagging on wow?

Turn down screen resoloution and graphics.

go to the website finallyfast.com