my son had a hard on at the age of 10?

how do i talk to my son about hardons he is 10yrs old we r quite open to each other but i dont no what to say to him about this matter please help thank u

Favorite Answer

is this a real question?

because boys start having them for many different reasons starting at BIRTH!

My son everyone once in a while has one when I change his diaper.

You don't really need to say anything to him about it........ and he's 10 how did you even know about it?? that's kinda weired.

You can set him down and maybe have the birds and the bee's talk..... but I think you still have time for that also like till he's 12 or so.....

My 10yr old son and I just had this discussion lastnight. I got two books from our library on becoming a teen. In the books it covered puberty and sex. We both read the books and had a discussion afterwards. We discussed that he may get erections when he is excited, nervous, aroused and even in the morning when he wakes up. That it is all completely normal. In the books it explains a lot for their age!

Source(s): The books: Boy's Guide to Becoming a Teen by American Medical Association On your Mark, Get Set, Grow by Lynda Madaras

Just because he had a hard on doesn't mean it's something sexual. Personally... at that age, I think a mother-son talk might be a little awkward for him if its concerning something regarding sex. I know men in general sometimes wake up with one, or get one, merely because they need to go to the bathroom.

• Give him high-five and say,"Right on!" He's growing up...

Why do people make big deals about everything. Talk to him about it and tell him it's normal and why he may achieve one.

Why do you need to say anything ?

Boys can have hard ons for a few reasons not all sexual, i would leave well alone

Let me tell you a secret; he's been getting them all his life. This is just the first one you're aware of.

if he ask just explain to him what happened but I personally wouldn't explain "sex" to him

i would just tell him its normal and tell him why it happens. if you dont he might worry and be embarrased to say anything.