Help! Getting targeted by reporters! What should I do?

I feel like on a sudden I've been targeted by reported monkeys.

This week, I must have gotten at least three violation notices, all for trivial things like chatting in an answer and stuff like that.

I'm hardly ever disrespectful, offensive or ranting like some of the other guys, so I feel its not right that I get reported so often.

Worse still, it didn't happen before. It all started happening all on a sudden. I'm sure I'm being marked by some report monkeys.

What should I do to free myself from them? Has anyone got any special advice? Should I make a new account?

The problem is that I might get suspended.....

The Canadian Atheist: Not everyone plays by the rules.

There are some questions which are more like chats, and the answers are also chats or comments. The fun is in there. Go to Sports - Men's Premier League and you'll know what I mean.

The problem is that its my answers that are being reported, and it seems ridiculous that people would go around reporting all the chatting answers, unless they are targeting me specifically.

This section is very popular, and I know many of the regulars.

Maars: Atheists are the last persons I'd expect to do such things.

They are not known for wasting time doing moronic stuffs.

• Favorite Answer

Sounds like a stalker.

Make your Q&A private, check up on all your contacts and make sure you know them. Remove any that seem shady.

Either delete all of them or just make sure you vet anyone that connects with you.

I've been here for around three years and have been targeted and attacked from time to time. My first violation was received the first time I was on here. Being a rookie, I asked a question which was perceived as "chatting". Later I was attacked by a user named Nick. I don't know how many violations I've gotten so far, maybe over 50. I just got a fresh one this morning. It was a "what should I do" relationship question. It was a big long spiel on - he did this, and I said that, then he said this in retaliation, yap yap yap.

My comment was - you should apply to an Ann Landers type column instead of spilling your guts here. VWA - LA - instant violation. Must of ticked them off.

I'm still on my original account, so I'd say, do nothing until you are forced.

I DIDN' T read the terms as clearly as I should of and I got a violation , I was not sure why.. . Unfortunately i e-mailed to "appeal" still not knowing what i did wrong. THEN read the terms.. I think it was considered chatting. so that's going to cost me 10 points because I appealed. Oh Rats... for not following protocoll.(. my own bad. ) hey i am still learning . But yeah I do understand the confusion and panic..

Just keep having fun with it enjoy the group. There is alot of helpful people on this site.

If it causes a toss perhaps you can sign up under another avatar and name.. better check that out first . Don't want to cause you to violate.

Oh those reporting monkeys aren't so bad..It's the Mighty Hamster of Doom i am trying to keep ahead of . :-)

Good luck my freind.

Source(s): life experience

I was reported for asking a perfectly reasonable question which didn't break any of the guideline rules. The way I resolved it was to protest against the violation notice by clicking on the link that was given in the violation notice. That way the person who reported me has less influence when reporting in the future. Hope this helps :o)

Source(s): Experience

probably best to get a new account as they can follow u on every question and answer therefore theyll just continue. Unfortnaly some ppl r really childish and come here just to do stupid stuff like that and also i have seen a few things u have wrote and i think tht some ppl might find it threatening towards there lact of knowledge. Dont take offence there dumb

People to routinly report people get listened to more than others--which really isn't fair I guess but there is nothign we can do. I suggest reporting EVERYTHING and ANYTHING you see that goes against the community guidlines from now on. Anything from posting in the wrong section to not having a true answer or even words that are **** is a reportable offense. Go down with the sinking ship.

• Tony R

It seems some people get a little report happy and I've seen a couple of people threaten to report on a couple of questions. Sometimes I think just get over it unless someone calls you a niger or something that over the top.

"This week, I must have gotten at least three violation notices, all for trivial things like chatting in an answer and stuff like that."

But that's clearly against Yahoo's Terms of Service, so it's not trivial at all is it?

Learn the rules and play by them, or continue to be reported.

By the way, what does this have to do with R & S?

1.) Delete any new fans you've gained since getting reported.

2.) Set your Q&A on your profile to private.

3.) Change your name and avatar.

Someone you know is out to sabatoge your Yahoo Answers account. Immediately, you should change your ID and delete your fans. One of them is not a fan.