My baby sleeps from 7:00pm to 6:00am any suggestions to get him to 7:00am?

My baby sleeps from 7:00pm to 6:00am. We wake him at 10:30pm for a feed and he wakes us at 3:30 for a feed. He then usually wakes between 5:30 and 6:00 and is not hungry. He is 8 weeks old. Any suggestions to get him to sleep longer?

Just wanted to say that I'm not complaining and do feel very lucky.

Just looking for a little advice.

• Meghan

Why not let him sleep through that first feeding and then wake on his own for one in the middle of the night, whenever that be? It might not change things, but it could make him want a feeding a bit earlier (like 1am or so) and then when he gets up between 5-6 he may be ready for another and then go back down for a bit. Other than that, I don't know if there's anything you really can do, but his sleeping schedule will be changing a lot over the next year, so I'd just wait and he may start sleeping later on his own. My son started sleeping through the night very early on, but would go through phases where he'd wake for the morning around 5:45 or so. It was so frustrating, but then he'd switch it up again and would start sleeping later. I'm so glad we're finally in a routine of 8pm-7:40am (almost to the minute every morning). Good luck!

Source(s): 14 month old

You should not be complaining, be glad that your baby sleeps that long because other ppl actually have it worse than you. Try not to wake him up let him wake up on his own or maybe keep him up for a little bit longer.

Maybe try to put him to bed a little later each day (eventually at 8pm) and he might sleep a bit longer but I can not guarantiee you that. My son wakes up usually around 5-6am no matter what time I put him to bed.

I think that you are lucky that he sleeps this well anyway.

My only question is why are you waking him at 10.30 for a feed? If he is happy let him sleep.

Babies generally have a time they wake up regardless of when you put them to bed.

why do you wake him up at 10:30pm? He will learn to wake up at that time all the time, I did that with my first daughter:( If you like to wake up 3 times at night, more power to you. And does he want to go to bed at 7pm? May be a little nap will do, My son is up at 6-6:30am, has 3 naps and his last nap at about 6-6:30pm, otherwise he is up all night. He goes to bed at 9pm and rarely wakes up at night.

Source(s): mom of 2

i dont have any b/c you are really lucky! I wouldnt worry about it for that extra hour. maybe you can put him to bed later? or not wake him up? that way, he can wake up on his own and then sleep in longer. Thats what i would do.

first off, i would never wake him up, let him wake u up to eat, second, consider ur lucky that he sleeps so long for so long. if u dont wake him to eat, he might sleep longer, but i would try to put a8 week old baby on a schedule. sry my opinion, consider urself lucky he doesnt stay up at 3.

Be happy you baby has such a set schedule. Most parents would love to have that. other then that try putting to bed at 730 pm or 8 pm

sleep longer :O my son is 20months and only just sleeps that long

id say hes doing just fine now for 8 wks u are very lucky

• sammy

try putting him to bed at 8pm

wake to feed at 11:30

then he should wake at 4:30

then he should be up for the day after 6am

try setting his clock an hour ahead it may help