how the elves come into being in LOTR?

I want to know my answer very soon

• Favorite Answer

If you are interested in this subject, I highly suggest you read the Silmarillion, by Tolkien, which tells of the creation of the world known in LOTR. It is a great book, one I like much better than LOTR.

From Wikipedia:

The first section of The Silmarillion, Ainulindalë ("The Music of the Ainur"[4]), takes the form of a primary creation myth. Ilúvatar ("Father of All") first created the Ainur, a group of eternal spirits or demiurges, called "the offspring of his thought". Ilúvatar brought the Ainur together and showed them a theme, from which he bade them make a great music. Melkor—whom Ilúvatar had given the "greatest power and knowledge" of all the Ainur—broke from the harmony of the music to develop his own song. Some Ainur joined him, while others continued to follow Ilúvatar, causing discord in the music. This happened thrice, with Eru successfully overpowering his subordinate with a new theme each time. Ilúvatar then stopped the music and showed them a vision of Arda and its peoples. The vision disappeared after a while, and Ilúvatar offered the Ainur a chance to enter into Arda and govern over the new world.

Many Ainur descended, taking physical form and becoming bound to that world. The greater Ainur became known as Valar, while the lesser Ainur were called Maiar. The Valar attempted to prepare the world for the coming inhabitants (Elves and Men), while Melkor, who wanted Arda for himself, repeatedly destroyed their work, until, slowly, through waves of destruction and creation, the world took shape.

In sequence, the Dwarfs are created by one of the Valar, and later on the Elves are awakened as the first children of Iluvatar (the second are to be the humans).

Honestly, read the Silmarillion, it is beautiful, very well written, with deep stories of battle! It really is worth it!

Hope this helps!

Source(s): Wikipedia, The Silmarillion (Tolkien)

They came from other lands, I think. They never really specified the origins of the elves.

They are hatched from eggs.