Where can I take a decent size group for dinner in NYC?

Its my friend's 23rd birthday and I am planning to take her and some of our mutual friends out to dinner in NYC. Does anyone have any suggestions on a place to go? I'm not opposed to going to the theme restaurants (hard rock, mars 2112) but I dont wanna make it to expensive either. A place that takes reservations is a plus. Thank you

Favorite Answer

quality meats - beautiful place and great steaks

sparks steakhouse -mafia type hangout. great steaks & oysters

francescos centro vasco -spanish style lobster & paella

For a group, I would suggest a family-style place. Both Tony DiNapoli's and Carmine's does this and they serve you a lot of food and it actually adds up to be really inexpensive--and both take reservations and both are in Times Square area. Another alternative is Osso Bucco by Union Square, so you can eat and celebrate and then head over to the bars around the area.

Carmine's,. When you look at the menu on website keep in mind one entre can feed 3 - 4 people.

• Why not Applebee's? They have good food and cheap drinks. What's not to like? :)

Source(s): NYC native