Oracle of delphi in greece?

in greece

Favorite Answer

Yes it is in Greece at a place called Delphi of course

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delphi

Delphi was located and its ruins is still located,under the towering ,MT, Parnassus,where Apollo,s oracle was answered ,Castilia was its sacred spring;Cephissus its river.It was held to be the centre of the world in greek mythology,so many pilgrims came to it,from foreing countries as well as greece.No other shrine rivaled it.The answers to the questions asked by anxious seekers for truth were delivered by a Priestess who went into a trance before she spoke. The trance was supposed to be caused by a vapour rising from a deep cleft in the rock over which her seat was placed,its was a 3 legged stool tripod,

Source(s): if any of my fellow greek,s can tell me of the drug they admistred to the pristess.to be in trance ..? i knew it once but i forgot it....i will gratefull if you can remind me or added to this answer ty...EDIT: TO PADIMI.. burnt bay leaves was the drug? intresting .. ..ty.. umbilicus is latin...omphalos is greek... by the way..

Yes, it was in Greece. It was considered the center of the world. (or umbilicus). As for the herb that was used, it was supposed to be bay leaves, burnt. Pythia inhaled the smoke and produced a prophecy.