transvi can detect how old is the fetus in woman's body?

Favorite Answer

Usually most docs use transvag u/s very early in pregnancy, like 8 weeks or less. Unless you have an issue that makes seeing the baby a problem, docs typically use regular u/s from 8 weeks on.

With a transvag you can usually see whether or not the baby has implanted in the uterus, if there's a sac, and if there's a heartbeat.

I can only assume that your real question is "Can a transvaginal ultrasound detect how old the fetus is?"

The answer is basically yes, in that doctors know statistically how big a fetus is at various developemental stages. Because every pregnancy is different, the exact growth rates will be different, so these ages can easily be off by a few days.

Yes, I think. Ultrasound is probably what you have in mind. You can also ask the woman and/or doctor. I don't know what you mean by transvi, however.