Is it advisable to take MicroEconomics without MacroEconomics?

I am allowed to choose 3 modules in my course. I've decided to take Business Finance as one of the modules. I wanted to take MicroEconomics and Macroeconomics but I want to take Sales Management too. So I thought of dumping Macroeconomics to take up Sales Manangement.

I've learnt Economics (Micro and Macro) in my past time and have some basic in it. I feel that Microeconomics is more interesting and more useful in business life. What are your views and please advise me on what to do?

Favorite Answer

I was an economics major in college and our school had us take micro before macro so if you really want to take Sales Management and cannot fit in macro, it's not going to hurt your ability to do well in micro. I personally enjoyed micro better than macro, but I think that had to do with my professors for those courses more than anything.

• laub

whats up, bill Ockham's been searching for his razor! If Freidmanites descended from Keynesians, why are there nevertheless Keynesians? Or have they were given a effortless ancestor in Adam Smith? what's that trickling down the J curve? Are command economies Lamarckian? Why did the Nobel Committee pick to furnish a prize in this? were they searching for someone to stability the books for them?

There's no problem taking microeconomics without macroeconomics at all.

There are also some interesting topics in macroeconomics, but if you're ever going to feel like you lack that knowledge I think that going to one typical macroeconomics text book would do.