the police hung up on me...what should i do?

my bfs boss called him to tell him he saw a bear walking around in the streets. i asked if he called the police and my bf said he did not. i think that is absurd being that anyone can get hurt by that animal. i debated if i should call or not and than an image of a child be attacked gave me no choice but to call.

the guy who answered was so absolutley rude to me from the get go..and when i told him someone saw a bear--he gave me the most difficult time. as if i was either lying or i dno. but he said hold on and after about 1-2 minutes of holding he hung up on me.

i am so disturbed that our state police would actually do that!! god forbid someone get hurt. should i file a complaint?

p.s. this bear was in an area that has woods but has many homes and stores. i guess im just suprised how little this guy cared..


thanks guys. i figured to myself it wasnt a "police" matter. but i dont have access to animals controls # ya know. police r here to protect us and there # was made for us to i called. they might not go and arrest the bear..but they have access to all numbers to all of the correct ppl to handle "the case". essense- there is nothing wrong with calling the police to tell them their is a wild creature in a public location that does not normally have any bears. i think its a pretty good idea actually.

Update 2:

did u guys read that cops remark. wow, thank u for proving how u guys r. "do u expect us to go hunting". no i expect u to give a damn about ur job. no duh u rnt the ones who go get the bear...its UR job to find the ppl that can. thanks for being the second jerk cop of the day lady..

10 Answers

  • Favorite Answer

    Call back.

  • 1 decade ago

    You're calling the wrong people. The police can't do anything about a bear roaming the streets. Call the local news media. They'll send a chopper and a news crew -- then the game warden.

    P.S. If you live in an area where bears are common, it's no big deal -- just don't mess with the bear. It will not eat your pets OR your kids -- unless it's a grizzly, which is highly unlikely.

  • 1 decade ago

    Sorry he was rude but a bear would fall into wildlife management territory not police work.

    Call your local animal control office and or the department of fish and game-

    We have had bears wandering here- they really are more scared of you than you are of them- loud noises and barking dogs will almost certainly run them off. Don't leave food scraps out side and make sure your trashcan lid is on tight.

  • 1 decade ago

    The police has to be careful about not reacting to pranks. Probably that's what he thought when you called him. Secondly, you have to be the witness, not the third party without the ability to give clear information. Finally, the call might have been handled already or they were in a busy situation. You should have called a game warden. They have a keen interest in trespassing bears.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    I would put in a complaint to his supervisor, that was really unprofessional. He could've gotten hold of animal control, like it was too much of an effort for him. Hopefully no one will be hurt by that bear, but if it does, he's in hot water. I would definitely report him.

  • 1 decade ago

    Do you expect the officers to go bear hunting? Won't happen. You need to call animal control or your local conservation dept. It's not that officers aren't doing anything to help you, but we don't take care of everything!

    Source(s): Law enforcement, 11 years
  • 1 decade ago

    I know what you mean. My friend had a restraining order on her ex boyfriend, and he couldn't communicate with her in any way, well he messaged her on myspace, and she called the police. The officer she talked to was the EXACT same way, and at one point hung up on her.

    I don't know what's wrong with our police officers, but they're doing a lousy job at protecting us. It seems they have to wait until SOMETHING happens.

  • 1 decade ago

    Must be in the water!!! My friends brother almost got ABDUCTED and the police are acting like it was his fault!!!!!!!!!!! And expressed how he needed to just shake it off!!

  • 1 decade ago

    call him back and try to get the officer reported because thats not right

  • 1 decade ago

    did you call back..? You should have kept calling and calling until someone helped you..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.