if you have bad credit will this affect me from getting a job?

I'm wondering if a person has bad credit will this affect a person from obtaining a job and why would it, and if your credit says civil judgment and judgment on it hat does that mean, will background checks show a warrant for an arrest

Favorite Answer

It all depends on the job your applying for. In 99% of the time the answer is no. However there is a number of occupations where full background and security checks take place prior to being offered a position

• M W

I beg to differ with some of the other posters. Usually not. But it surely does sometimes. It depends upon the job. Some jobs run a credit check, such as mine. This is because I travel and use credit cards as I travel. A judgment on a credit report can mean a couple of things: (http://www.2rhouse.org/judgementoncreditreport.php... Background checks do not check for warrants, usually. You are presumed innocent until the matter is resolved.

Go ahead and get this job. If they eventually garnish your wages for a judgment, so be it. There were some bumps in the roads I took. I lived. More bumps may be there for me later. I hope to live through those as well.

:)

Yes it can.

Why: Because by a company you are now considered a risk (of taking money or being tempted to sell company secrets for money). It affects you more if you are looking for a job where you need to be "bondable" or hold a "security clearance", but if they run any sort of "background check" your credit report will usually be part of that.

As for an arrest warrant, yes it will show up on a background check.

• what?

civil judgment doesn't mean there's arrest warrants out. it just means that he lost a civil case, and hasn't completely paid the judgment yet

but yes, bad credit can sometime prevent you from getting a job. especially if you'll be handling the company's or other people's money.

Bad Credit with credit agency wont affect your job prospects, but it would definetely affect your credit card applications to a huge extent.

If you have defaulted on card payments to the limit that they have issued warrants against you, it might affect your job prospects too, depending upon the policies of the company that you are working for.

No, not at all unless you are planning on getting a job in the legal profession.

No. you should not be worried about that. Bank or finance industries care.

No, they don't care who you owe. They pay you so they aren't worried about you credit.