KJ asked in EnvironmentOther - Environment · 1 decade ago

Can Silver-fish (the insect) bite/sting you or something along those lines?

I was just wondering because I had a silver-fish crawl on me the other night and the next morning I had like an itchy- little bump on my arm where it was. I'm sure something else could have also bitten me or it could be my imagination, but I'm also still curious.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It was not a bite, it was most probably where it relieved itself or in other words pooped and whatever was in the poop reacted causing itchy lump.

Source(s): Me - Environmental Scientist
  • 4 years ago

Silverfish Insect Bite

• 1 decade ago

I don't think so. I had never heard that they bite or sting.

You could have a bite from one of those tiny spiders that dart around real fast. It could have been a coincidence that the silverfish was at the same spot.

The sources I checked did not say anything about stinging people.

URLs below.

• 1 decade ago

No, they cannot hurt you. They feed on the same stuff as cockroaches, so I would imagine that they are not sanitary creatures. If some of the bacteria from their bodies got into a small, pin-sized wound, it would swell and therefore become noticeable.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Cobalt is a funky call for a canines! you're able to desire to apply "blue" or "silver" from a distinctive language too: Azul - Blue in Spanish Bleu - Blue in French Blau - Blue in German Silber - Silver in German Argento - Silver in Italian Plata - Silver in Spanish Argent - Silver in French

• 1 decade ago

yes they can you should go to walmart or somewher and get this bug thing that puts out a high annoying tone for the bug that drivs it out of the house or wher ever you live

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't think so..

They eat mostly wood / paper etc.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.