KJ asked in EnvironmentOther - Environment · 1 decade ago

Can Silver-fish (the insect) bite/sting you or something along those lines?

I was just wondering because I had a silver-fish crawl on me the other night and the next morning I had like an itchy- little bump on my arm where it was. I'm sure something else could have also bitten me or it could be my imagination, but I'm also still curious.

Favorite Answer

It was not a bite, it was most probably where it relieved itself or in other words pooped and whatever was in the poop reacted causing itchy lump.

Source(s): Me - Environmental Scientist

Silverfish Insect Bite

I don't think so. I had never heard that they bite or sting.

You could have a bite from one of those tiny spiders that dart around real fast. It could have been a coincidence that the silverfish was at the same spot.

The sources I checked did not say anything about stinging people.

URLs below.

No, they cannot hurt you. They feed on the same stuff as cockroaches, so I would imagine that they are not sanitary creatures. If some of the bacteria from their bodies got into a small, pin-sized wound, it would swell and therefore become noticeable.

Cobalt is a funky call for a canines! you're able to desire to apply "blue" or "silver" from a distinctive language too: Azul - Blue in Spanish Bleu - Blue in French Blau - Blue in German Silber - Silver in German Argento - Silver in Italian Plata - Silver in Spanish Argent - Silver in French

yes they can you should go to walmart or somewher and get this bug thing that puts out a high annoying tone for the bug that drivs it out of the house or wher ever you live

I don't think so..

They eat mostly wood / paper etc.