Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 1 decade ago

If my kids are doing good...should I change to a better school?

My kids are in a low performing school.  Planning on moving to a better school district.  My daughter 12 is OK with it, but rather not move.   My son 11 is not willing to move.   Planning on buying new house in a better school district.  My kids are doing fine at their curent school.  Their PSSA scores are high.   The only reason that I want to move is so I can give my kids a better school (this new school district is called #1 school district around here. )  It is ranked 19th school out of the state that we live.   The one that my kids are going to is ranked 315th.   I don't need to move if it weren't for the school.   Please any advice is appreciated

Favorite Answer

Wow,...I totally commend you for looking out for your children's best interest when it comes to education. I say you absolutely must make that move as an investment for their futures. I'm willing to bet, this new school will have motivation/self-esteem programs for kids which will allow them to make friends quickly and not to mention provide an efficient support-system that encourages community spirit.

The transition may be bumpy for everyone involved when it comes to moving and changing schools.....but you'll all be glad you did it!

Good luck!