How many megabyte in one gigabyte?

I want to buy powerpoint this month. I want the 2003 version. The memory is 128 MB RAM. The hard disk space is about 150 MB.

I have 1.00 GB RAM for Memory and there is about 100 GB hard disk space left. Do I have enough space.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes you have plenty of space left on your PC.

1024 KB = 1MB

1024MB = 1GB

and so on..

• 1 decade ago

Well, by all standards, 100 GB is quite a substantial amount of space you've got there. Well, there are 2 ways of expressing a Gigabyte. In binary form, or in decimal form. In binary form, 1 GB = 1024Mb. That is how a computer calculates bytes. ( 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128,.........512, 1024,) In decimal 1GB is simply 1000MB. This is for ease of calculation as that 24 Megabytes would not make much of a difference when calculating. However, the binary form is almost always used, as 1 chunk of 24 megabytes would not seem much, but if every gigabyte you would be off by 24 megabytes, you would end up with 2400 megabytes an error, which is more than 2 GB and is quite a big difference from the actual amount. And back to your question of whether you have enough space, HELL YEAH! you will still have 99.85 Gb of space left, so go ahead with the installation, it would barely be a scratch. :)

p.s. i recommend you upgrade your RAM to 2 GB (RAM's quite cheap nowadays) and get microsoft office 2007. Much more features and functionality, but if you just need simple word processing and powerpoint making then 2003 would do the job, though the powerpoint in 2007 ihas so much more design options. It really is worth it if you've got the money to spare. Cheers!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hey.. its very much enough.

In scientific system kilo=10^3

mega=10^6

giga= 10^9

There for 1 GB is about 1000 MB.

You have hard disk space and RAM very much more than required by Powerpoint.

• 1 decade ago

Kilo means thousand, mega means million, giga means billion, tera means trillion, etc.

So a kilobyte is about 1000 bytes, a megabyte is about 1,000,000 bytes, etc. However, bytes increase in powers of 2. 1000 is not a perfect power of 2, but 1024 is, so instead of a kilobyte being exactly 1000 bytes, it is 1024 bytes. Then a megabyte is 1024 kilobytes, a gigabyte is 1024 megabytes, and so on.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

yes, you have more than enough space.

1Gbyte=1000Mbyte

So, for conclusion you have memory and disk space greater than the requirement

• 1 decade ago

1024 is right,do you have enough space?yes you do

• 1 decade ago

lol

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.