Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 1 decade ago

What else can I call people in my wedding party?

Not to go into too much details but I had a problem and one of my bridesmaids had to drop out so I was a person short. Since all my bridesmaids are wearing a dress and she didn't have one to give to someone else to wear (the maid of honor is wearing a different dress) I asked someone else to take her place but since she will be wearing a different dress, I basically put her as a maid of honor and designated a groomsman as a second best man. I feel bad for doing this because I feel like its taking away from the people that were originally the maid of honor and best man. Is there another name I can call these 2 people other than maid of honor/bridesmaid and best man/groomsman?

Favorite Answer

Assistant maid of honor and assistant best man. Or Lady's Maid and Gentleman's friend.

If you want someone else as your maid of honor, keep the original gal. As for this gal, make her an honorary bridesmaid. This is why keeping the bridal party small is essential.

I don't think the dress should have elevated her to MOH status just because it's not the same as the other BMs. Which is more important, the dress or the relationship? It might be too late, but I wouldn't shift everything around just for a dress.

Can't you just call them bridesmaid and groomsman? I think you're fixating on the outfits, when what really matters is your relationship with these people.

If someone had to drop out you could simply just give them an honorary mention in your wedding program.

• Beans

oh geez. well make him the usher? & maybe she can be like the bouquet holder? bouquet bearer? you could switch up the guys & girls so they're both on either side & then you probably don't have to worry about the outfits.

• Woods

It's already too confusing. If you're already done it, don't change things. Leave them as they are before people begin to realize you can't make decisions and stick to them.

usher and bride's attendant