Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingOther - Pregnancy & Parenting · 1 decade ago

Is it okay to take her out or should we stay inside?

We had our first snowfall of the season last night. There isn't too much snow on the ground, but there's enough to run around and play. My 19 month old daughter is fascinated with it and has not left the living room window in half an hour. She keeps pointing outside at the snow and "Ooo, Whoa! See?"

We have a snowsuit for her, and I'd love to take her out there before it melts, just in case it does happen to melt, but there are a few issues.

1. She is asthmatic and I'm not sure how she would react to being in the cold, or how long she should be out there before it would affect her.

2. I'm 36 weeks pregnant and was placed on a 24 hour bedrest for 21 hours of false labour yesterday. The 24 hours will be up in 2 hours.

Should I take her outside to play in the snow for a little bit, or should we stay indoors, at least until her dad gets home in 6 hours?

• Fannie
    Favorite Answer

Hey hun ;) I think you should wait for daddy, just in case. There will be snow all winter long ;)

just let her play in the snow for a few minutes then bring her back in

Follow doctor's orders. Stay in bed for your health and that of your unborn child. Wait until dad gets home and have him take her out.

My heart says go out but my head says wait for dad...there will always be more snow fall.