Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareOther - General Health Care · 1 decade ago

Does anyone get a backache after smoking a lot?

some reason i get that all the time... help, please....

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yeh I get backache and my chest really hurts it almost makes me want to give up lol

• 1 decade ago

The reason you are getting back pain is because when you smoke, your lungs try to filter the tar particles out of your lungs by creating mucus. The mucus in your lungs makes creates obstructions in your lungs which make it harder for you to exhale air, because air gets trapped inside your lungs due to the mucus. This need to push out the left-over air in your lungs is facilitated by using rib-cage and back muscles that you wouldnt normally use, hence the pain because those muscles aren't normally used. This is equivalent to if you haven't worked out in awhile, and you go to the gym and try to all of a sudden lift a lot of weight.

Although it doesnt sound so bad, if you keep smoking you can develop cronic obstructive pulmonary disease, which will reach a point where you wont be able to push all the air out, and hence be unable to respire effectively. This can cause you to permanently be on an oxugen mask, or worse, a ventilator. Think about quitting.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, maybe it's just your posture. The way a person stands can make a big difference.

• 1 decade ago

Depends on what you're smoking.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.