Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Why are they making such a big deal about the Obama dog?

it kinda doesn't make sense, it's just a dog!

but it's all in the news! They treat it like breaking news or something. Is it that much of a huge story

I mean my friend has allergies and is getting a dog and is the media surrounding her. They're just normal people(except one is going to be president). I think they shouldn't be making a big deal about a dog,many people buy dogs!

Favorite Answer

I think the last thing we need to worry about is his dog. The real worry is the dog who got elected to run the white house!

Me too I don't get it. I mean a bunch of other past presidents have had dogs and people never made a big deal. It's just a dog.

People are always going to be curious about the personal lives of famous people. Obama is keeping a low profile, so since they're not getting information about the family, they'll talk about the dog.

They are making a big deal about it because he is "the president-elect."

He said he was going to purchase/adopt a dog for his family, but one of the daughters is alergic. They are trying to find "the perfect" dog.

Yes, it's just a dog, it doesn't matter. Sooooo many people are getting involved in it, it's their dog, let them deside. There wasn't a vote when you purchased your dog!

I think the media is trying to sell cause that's what they do. Man the dog now belong to the Obamas, there is nothing that can anybody do, and the dog is cute kinda like it and i wanna have one.

Because the media needs a soft, humourous story in these times of recession, wars etc

It makes a lot of sense,its just not a dog,if they reject the dog it could be considered a insult and cause a incident with Peru.

because the oldest daughter she is allergic to dogs. and also he promised them a dog if he got office or didn't get it.

Eh it's a big deal because he promised his daughters a dog, but one of them is allergic to dogs.

They are trying to find the perfect dog.

But I agree with you. It really isn't too terribly interesting.

It's a welcomed break from all the BAD news...economy, gas, war, unemployment.....