Are there more men cooking now than ever before? what are the reasons behind this?

• Favorite Answer

because men are finally realizing that it isn't just a women's job. Some of the best chefs are men.

Also...men who can cook something even if it is from the grill or something thrown together, and be proud of it... is HOT and SEXY in my book....

Source(s): I LOVE YOU BOBBY FLAY AND ROBERT IRVINE AND MARIO BATALLI. whoo hooo.

I believe there are more men cooking now than ever before and there is good reason behind this but I choose not to share it because it come across as a chauvinist.

But think hard about your question and the answer will come.

Because women work as much as men do, so they are no longer housewives. So they share the chores now with theie husbands as they should.

Its a pretty outdated stereotype that the woman has to cook. Its seems a lot though that the men do the cooking and the women do the baking in a lot of relationships. Maybe cause baking involves following precise instructions and measuring, which men sometimes have trouble with.

As a young male who loves cooking and I think always has, I think there are many men that are cooking. Most men in my family do and are very good at it ! Including many of my friends. A reason for it ? Well I guess you could find many many possibilities, maybe, one could be that as the world progresses and female eqaulity drives many more women to be independant, its left all the men having to be in the kitchen :)

These days with both spouses working, there are more men preparing meals. And there are a lot of single men out here (like me) who like to cook. Men make great cooks and I think there's a lot of women who appreciate when their man cooks for them. (hint, hint)

With the divorce rate so high, a lot of men are choosing the single life. They are so much more independant now that they don't need a women for much else but......Mon. they do washing, Tues. ironing, Wed they dust, Thurs they vaccum, Fri they do groceries, Sat they cook for the week and Sun they visit family and friends.

I think it is important for men to cook. divorce , helping around the house , receiving the wife a night off, and one my son had His wife didn't know how to cook. whether lack of mom teaching, Not interesting in learning, or just didn't like to cook.