Has anyone else heard the rumor that the White Sox are going to make an offer on AJ Burnett?

A friend of mine told me he heard that they were making strong overtures towards him but I havent been able to find anything on it.

Favorite Answer

I'm a White Sox fan and we're obviously clearing payroll for something but, I'm not sure it's for AJ Burnett.

White Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf has a long standing rule that he will not give a contract to a pitcher that is for 5 years or longer. While this is a questionable philosophy, it has worked well for us because pitchers are too risky to offer such long lucrative contracts to.

Injury is the most important risk when offering a pitcher so much money. You think the SF Giants are kicking themselves for giving Barry Zito such a large contract?

Therefore that puts us out of the AJ Burnett sweepstakes because he is sure to want a deal of at least 5 years.

No, i live about an hour from the city and their ballpark too, there has been nothing in the paper no talk around town, and nothing on Chicago sports radio stations, i highly doubt they will put an offer in for him

• jm

no. take him.