Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

how do you think the world is going to end?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I am sure you are going to receive many different and contrasting answers to your question, but for what its worth, here is my contribution. I think the world as we know it, will no longer be needed once we learn to understand the purpose of our being here in the first place.

Here is a link to where I first started to gather my own answers, when I had similar questions myself. Without knowing first how and why we exist at all, it seems a futile search for an answer to how and why it will all end.

If you are interested, it examines our perception of reality and allows us to understand that what we think we see and feel in this life, might just not be as it truly is. I wish you only the very best for answers and truth as you look for the meaning of your own life. Peace.....River

• 1 decade ago

Long before the Earth dies a natural death, we could get knocked off by an asteroid, or blown away by a nearby exploding star. Scientifically, planet earth will be consumed when the sun grows to a red giant in a couple of billion years or so. Whether or not humans are still around when this happens remains to be seen. If we don't become better stewards of the earth we may be the cause of the demise of humanity.

Many people have tried and will continue trying to derive the date of the end of the world. However, the plain and simple truth is that no one can really know for sure.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Easy: the next Republican President of the USA will press the nuclear button in the next oil war, and such of the rest of the world as have nukes will retaliate.

Before that happens, the EU will have cut their losses (Britain not joining the Euro has been costing the mainland dearly) by kicking us out and developing a long-term energy-independence strategy.

• LKC
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

When the Sun turns into a Red Giant, then into a black dwarf.

Or as the Mayans predicted, 21st (or 23rd) December 2012.

Maybe that could be because Sarah Palin plans to run for the presidency in 2012.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It's going to be burned up, maybe from the sun or nuclear explosions or something else.

2 Peter 3:7 But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. 8 But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. 10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.

11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? 13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

• 1 decade ago

The sun is going to become a red dwarf within the next 4 or 5 billion years and that will engulf the planet, but chances are we will blow ourselves up by then.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The world will end by fire at the end of the 1000 years of peace still to come.

Source(s): Author of http://thehiddenverses.blogspot.com/ Go to older post at the end of each page.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

In about 2.5 billion years the sun is supposedly going to explode. Barring some stray asteroid or a nuclear war you don't really need to give much thought to it...

-SD-

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Evaporates along with our solar system

Estimate: 4.5 bill. of years from now.

Stars, before they collapse, become supernovas or red giants..we are doomed to the latter, since the Sun has not enough substance/energy to become a Supernova

• 1 decade ago

We know the sun's going to turn into a red dwarf in about 4 billion years.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.