how upgrade CMOS (Complementary metal–oxide–semiconductor)?

pls help!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

CMOS is usually referred to as the memory in your computer that stores the BIOS. There are two things that you may be asking to upgrade, the less likely one is the battery.

Sometimes the batteries can go dead and this will cause errors at boot time. Don't bother, get a new computer because it takes years for these things to go dead and that means your computer is old.

The more likely question your asking is to upgrade the BIOS. System manufactures upgrade the BIOSregularlyy to fix things like high power consumption or boot errors or crashes. Go to your computer manufacturers website (i.e. support.dell.com, support.hp.com) and find your system model. Then go to downloads and find the BIOS section. You can download really simple upgrade programs that will run and require a reboot.

• music
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

he's appropriate, flashing a BIOS is somewhat volatile. be certain to stay with all instructions on the motherboard producers internet site in the process the flashing technique. I even have bricked a motherboard because of the fact my flash failed. Flashing your BIOS to a greater modern-day version could desire to in basic terms be carried out if the recent revision is mandatory to spectacular a controversy you're experiencing. If each and every thing is working ok, pass away it by myself.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Upgrade what? Where? Do you mean the CMOS battery in your computer?

• 1 decade ago

its called flashing you download the update generaly you have to put it on a floppy then restart thr pc and boot from the floppy . the newer way is to save it to your desktop and run it from there

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.