How can I tell if my boyfriend's lying?

When we weren't together before, he used to lie a lot. Like one time, he promised my best friend a watch that he'll buy on the internet. The day came when my best friend was supposed to receive the watch. My boyfriend didn't give him the watch. He made some lame excuse as to why he wasn't able to get it. There are also a lot of times he lied to me.

Now that we're together, I have a strict rule on honesty. He promised me to never lie again but there are times I cannot be mistaken that he is lying. I may be paranoid. I don't know.

So, what do you think? Thanks in advance if you answer! :]

Favorite Answer
  • Nina

Sorry. If this was his track record before you got together then chances are he hasn't changed. He might not change either. It is probably second nature to him. I don't how elaborate the lies are. It depends on what you can live and how harmful the lies are.

Like when he promised to get a watch for your friend and never did. He was probably trying to impress people by trying to seem like a very generous person. Then you know not to take him at his word when he does things like this. If he is lying about more important things. Things that mean a lot to you then you need to talk to him. If he doesn't think he has a problem then you have to decide if you can put up with this. Good luck.

I know trickery isn't the best thing but maybe you should have a little test. Ask him something that you know the answer to. that he doesn't know you know about and then see if he lies to you. OR...you could have a little sit down with him and ask him straight out if he lies to you anymore. Tell him how you feel and then list a few examples from the past to make him see your reasoning.

If he gets upset tell him you didn't want to hurt him you just wanted the truth.

• mhw

Why are you with someone that you cannot trust to be honest? The issue is not if he is lying, it is why you are not trusting him to be honest? If you cannot prove he lied about something BIG, you MUST believe he is telling the truth. Trust is what all good relationships are built upon, without it, your foundation will crumble one day... And if you are spending time trying to prove if he was honest or not, I wonder why??? It is because you do NOT trust him.

if he lies once he will lie again

if he lies about some stupid watch think about how quickly he will lie about cheating right? although sometimes a few innocent lies cannot make the man, let things work themselves out, if he seems suspicious he probably is lying

some people lie from childhood, its not they fault, the habbit is formed

sometimes u lie and u dont know !

and for the watch he must hv lied coz he wanted to get u

• music

i comprehend you adult adult males have been relationship for an prolonged time, yet do you extremely need to stay something of your life that way? besides, small lies are the main deadly ones. and that they merely bring about greater beneficial lies. no count what the lie is, as quickly as you lose somebody's have confidence its virtually impossible to get it returned. what's he precisely mendacity approximately? If it bothers you that plenty you're able to desire to set him down and confer with him approximately it (one final time!) Be like, o.k., (be calm the completed time) so i've got caught you in a team of lies over the previous few months (and supply examples!) Whats the deal right here? Why won't be able to you in basic terms be ordinary with me? watch for him to grant you a lame excuse and probable some promise that he will on no account do it returned. You supply him ONE final shot and in case you capture him in yet another lie then you could desire to take to realize this previous words. (such as you mentioned, take a ruin) the element is you won't be able to easily shop giving him opportunities. for my section you get 2 opportunities. If that gets screwed up that then its over. (i've got kicked myself many circumstances for giving human beings even 2nd opportunities cuz i've got consistently gotten burned) additionally take into consideration you won't be able to alter somebody. And while you at the instant are not pleased with the way issues are then you probable could desire to get out! you're able to desire to return first on your life! stable success!

sit him down and say I have thoughton over this for a while and untill you can stop lieing I think we should brake up and then see what he says

next time u think hes lyin kick him in the nutz. if he says what was that for u will know that u were wrong:)

If his lips are moving he's lieing !

Not to ask any gift