Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsGames & GearPlayStation · 1 decade ago

What is the point of having a 60gb ps3 ?

You can not play ps2 games online

its ok if you have lots of ps1 and ps2 games

But i have a ps2 and dont understand why people want a 60gb ps3

if you have steak you dont want a burger

can somebody please tell me why 60gb is better

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Sheon
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well, there are a couple of features the 60GB model has that the others don't.

1) USB ports.

The current models only have 2. The 60GB has 4. That gets to be an issue when you have multiple devices connected like many people do when they play guitar hero or use the Eye.

2) Memory card reader.

Take the card out of your camera and put it in your PS3. The 60GB has it, the newer models don't.

You mentioned the backward compatability. You know what that is about.

I believe that's it.

• 1 decade ago

Clearly you are not well versed about the latest technology. If you don't care about realistics graphics, true surround sound and multi-player online gaming, well you deserve a burger. But burger is just a snack. You don't want to feast on a full set meal?

PS3 isn't about PS2. Playing PS2 and PS1 games in 60GB is not the sole reason why it's made. It is for the PS3 games.. PS2 and PS3 is like 20 years apart in technological differences. It's like a betamax and a Blu-Ray player. You can't compare the 2.

Actully, the 60GB is long gone and obsolete.. there's a new 160GB coming out this month but without b/c.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There is very big difference between PS2 and PS3. PS3 has got very good graphics ( excellent graphics ) . PS2 isn't very good , i prefer xbox because it is better but ps2 has better games for it . Now the new PS3 cant play the games of a PS2 or a PS1 . It can only play the PS3 games and the blu rey movies .

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It has full PS2 backwards compatibility. It's true that you can leave your PS2 hooked up to the TV, but wouldn't you rather have one machine hooked up that plays all your games? You can play PS2 games online, if the servers are up. The PS3 also makes PS2 games look slightly better.

Source(s): XBOX Expert
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

u don't have to plug the ps2 or ps1 again to play those games and if u have scratched ps2 or 1 games 60gb will help you

• Adil A
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

well ps2 doesnt have

-Blue Ray

-Hi Definition Graphics

-True Surround Sound

-HDMI graphics

-Better Games

-More Hi Defenition Graphics

-More GB's

-More HardDrive

-Pure Picture's

-Downloadable Content

Know does the ps2 HAVE ANYTHING LIKE THIS!

• ?
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I don't know I didn't even know though they sold them I thought they discontinued them in favor of the 80 GB that's the one I got

• Jenova
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

your analogy still makes no sense.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.