Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

why pretend to be a jehovah's witness?

i just looked at somebody's profile, he said he was the leader of the 144000. an active jehovah's witness would not say that. what is the point of pretending to be something that you are not?

• PediC
    Favorite Answer

Active JWs have varying levels of knowledge about their own beliefs, probably because their "understanding" of their complex and confusing theology changes every 5-10 years or so, as something they thought would happen does not come to pass.

No doubt this person is a zealous JW doing what they think is best in renouncing us "apostates" here in YA. Since they're probably unable to be coy and subtle with their putdowns, they just use all caps and shout at us.. similar to the guy who uses alternating caps in his replies to those he feels are apostates. You remember him and how all the JWs here online were giving him a hard time and saying they doubted he was a "real" JW.

No one knows for sure if this person is pretending to be a JW or is actually one. I'm guessing he is one of them, probably on track to a leadership position, in view of his gusto here in YA. Probably the guy who passes around the microphone or sells literature.

• Debs

Rightfully to say, I don't think anybody is lying when they say "I am a Jehovah's Witness." Most Christians are all on the same page to say *Jehovah* is the name of the Supreme God. So any Christian that believes they are a witness to God can honestly say "I am a Jehovah's Witness" and not be lying. I don't say that because I will not yoke myself to a religion of The Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, because of the fact that I find some of their teachings to be totally inhumane and insane. I have but tenderness to teach the lost sheep's that the reason why we are all HERE is because God wants us to be JOYOUS in our LIFE and to LIVE, LIVE, LIVE our LIFE to the fullest. Thank you all for living.

(My caps are emphasis, and I am not yelling at you OK) Thank you again. Love Kalika a Indian Maiden for Thanks giving.

I thought I was the leader of the 144,000. Just like the Jo Ho's! You get fired and learn about it from someone else.

Seriously, I agree, no genuine Jo Ho would make that comment. They spew plenty of other nonsense, but this person's claim is obviously not to be taken seriously.

As always, in any public forum, there are people who just have to muddy the waters.

I don't think this person has a point, unless it's on the top of his head.

Apostasy, sarcasm, hatred, foolishness, arrogance -

Those are just a few reasons.

Particularly with stating that in a profile.

EDIT: Smart and Clever -

Burns at Armageddon? Pray tell, what do you mean?

We may not appreciate what a person is doing and desire they stop. Because their ways fall into an attitude that is not good. But we would never be so judgmental as to wish death upon someone. THAT IS NOT OUR JOB! (That has become my signature statement I think).

Every person has full opportunity to change and we should wish that for anyone. Remember even blasphemy against Jehovah and Jesus are forgivable (but not blasphemy against the holy spirit). None of us as imperfect humans know when a person has crossed over the line.

It's a common tactic employed by naysayers. By claiming to hold some important position in a church or organization, it makes a few people more open to believing the lies that the naysayer is promoting. This happens in all of the religions and beliefs that these type of people believe to be non-Christian or Satanic.

I COULD be overly bitter exJw or a NON JW just mocking the tumultuous relationship between active and former members.

...or it could be a JW posing as an ignorant "apostate" just to try to prove their definition of "apostate" IS evil and vindicative.

Whoever it is....I would assume it's the same person as "apostate killer"...who obviously is not a Jw either.

Source(s): Former Jw that follows GOD...NOT an organization!

Was he not speaking the pure Language? How apt the Bible’s comment: “Like an idiot throwing firebrands, arrows, and death, such is a man who deceives another and says ‘I was just joking, you know!’”—Proverbs 26:18, 19, Byington.

Jesus said: “Happy are those hungering and thirsting for righteousness, since they will be filled.” “I know my sheep and my sheep know me.” “My sheep listen to my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.” “Everyone that is on the side of the truth listens to my voice.”—Matthew 5:6; John 10:14, 27; 18:37.Agape

Some people come on here to give Jehovah's Witnesses a bad name...EXPOSE THE FRAUDS by giving their name....

• Wally

Their is no othe rhope for them so they need to say something. They have not known the truth that is found in Jesus Christ but reject Jesus and have in place an angel

To mislead some one!