Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

if using our logic and rationalization...?

if using our logic and rationalization given the evidences that we have... brought us to a conclusion to dismissed or to affirm something... is that conclusion absolute?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Abi
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It depends, no matter what the subject, there is nearly always more to be learned about it, and it's consequences, when you come to a conclusion based on evidence there is always the possibility that more evidence may be found, so although we can be confidant in our conclusions it should be with an open mind, this is what we know *so far*, rather than this is what we know:)

• Petey
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

absolute ONLY to the limitation of resources currently available that were used to derive the conclusion, otherwise not absolute if possibility exists for parameter of logic and rationalization that may go beyond that which was used to conclude.

You might say No then because we don't know everything yet. If we did we wouldn't need to logically rationalize conclusions in the first place would we!

Worse yet: The more I know, the more I realize the less it is that I know!

• 1 decade ago

No, because more facts may come to light to bring us closer to the truth (say like with the laws of physics as new testing methods and models are developed). Each discovery brings us closer to the absolute in any field so in the longterm, maybe.

• 1 decade ago

A conclusion one reaches is only as good as the evidence there is to support it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no absolutes, just some rational conclusion, and therefore reliable and worth believing in.

• 1 decade ago

No, how could it be? I'm sure all of us have had the experience of being absolutely certain about something, only to later discover that it wasn't so after all.

• 1 decade ago

No.

Conclusions are never absolute.

The law on absolutes are not absolutes. There will always remain a margin of error.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Your question is very vague.. be wary of absolute conclusions, unless it's something really matter-of-fact.

• 1 decade ago

It cannot be known if it is absolute without determining that all related facts are given, or that our logic is without assumption.

• 1 decade ago

No. People a thousand years ago used their logic and reason to determine the earth was flat. Were they right?

People today use their logic and reason to determine God doesn't exist. Are they right?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.