HELP! on The Early Church?

Can someone give me a brief summary (at least a paragraph or 2) about The Early Church? [Act of The Apostolic] Please, I need to write a term paper,which is due this Saturday,and I'm really stressing. I need answers ASAP. Thank-you.

oh, btw,I'm only 15, and this is actually for our Confirmation class. I barely know anything about the history of church, and even if I do research online, it's really hard for me to summarize a whole page of different information.

Favorite Answer

Go grab, Henry Chadwick's 'The Early Church' it basically spells everything out for you.

I would also reccomend,

J. Stevenson, 'A New Eusebius'

Leo Davis, 'The first seven Ecumenical Councils'

They should be in your library somewhere they are more or less standard for early church studies.

I'm like Fr. Joseph - I was a devout Presbyterian with some seminary training and 17 years of lay ministry when I began reading the Early Church Fathers and came to realize the Catholic Church was right about the Eucharist and all the rest. My wife and I are Roman Catholics now.

I suggest you go to the Library and check out a few books on this subject and do your own research. You are going to get too many crazy answers from this forum and most them will be inaccurate information. Sorry.

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

Richard Dawkins -

The Church of God(seventh day) can be traced all the way back to year 30 AD and still preaches the same thing to day as it did then. the bible

The first century Christians were the Ebionotes who maintained their Judaism while also following the teachings of Jesus Christ. The second century Christians were the Marcionites who rejected Jewish Law and followed the teachings of Jesus entirely.

If you can't write a paper for school, you should just drop out and work at McDonalds. You don't even have to know how to read English to work there.

Antioch is the place where Christians were first called Christians.

-C

Not unless you pay me.