Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Whats a good book about finding love again?

My Partner left me about a month ago now and we cut contact 2 weeks ago, I can't help but feel he was the first and last person I will ever feel so connected to and at times it scares me. A good friend reccomended I find a book, not only to fill my time but to give me hope.

Can you reccomend a book where love is found again? maybe the character in the story felt like I do but found happiness and love again and felt no more hurt. Thanks

Favorite Answer

Have to agree with reading Maurice (or getting the DVD - it's greats)

However, I don't think you need a book about love. I think you need a book about rebuilding yourself and your confidence. Unless the book is factual, you'll just view it as some pipe-dream or , depending on your state of mind, view it cynically.

Instead, might I recommend a book called "Feel the fear and do it anyway", by Susan Jeffers. I'm not a fan of so-called "self-help" books, but in my early 20's, this book was invaluable and it has given me the skills to cope with just about anything.

There are too many to go with from, yet a number of my sought after books/sequence that i like reading repeatedly are: The Wheel of Time sequence via Robert Jordan The Obsidian Trilogy via Mercedes Lackey and James Mallory The Hitchhiker's handbook to the Galaxy via Douglas Adams Any of Dennis L. McKiernan's Mithgar novels The Black Jewels Trilogy and The Shadow Queen via Anne Bishop

Try Nicholas Sparks:

Message in a Bottle

A Bend in the Road

Nights in Rodanthe

True Believer

At First Sight

Dear John

The Choice

i would suggest Maurice by E.M. Forster. It is painful how Clive leaves Maurice, never to come together again and Maurice finally finds love in Alec. I think it would be a most perfect book.

Hey man, sorry to hear about your break up. I'll suggest you to go through Men’s Wives by William Makepeace Thackeray, not exactly the book you require but will be quite soothing for you in your scenario, you can have its brief description on http://www.readhowyouwant.com/pcsWebUI/BookDetail....

The notebook... sad but lovely

Tommy sullivan is a freak... but thats more of a girls/ teenage book

• Uki

Why not the Chicken Soup series?

um the bible...no jk your friend probably meant check out the gay romance section there's gotta be lots of cute boys there good luck with your choice!:)

Well i guess u'll like them

1)Mediator series

2)Twilight series

3)Jinx

i've read some more but these are the best