how long does it take for a pierced ear to close up?

ive just stopped wearing earrings but i really dont want my holes to close up.

every couple of weeks i put in a earing or something pointy and twist it around and take it out

am i paranoid, do they close up?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Depends how long you have had the piercing.

If you've had your lobe pierced for a couple of years, it will stay open for months, sometimes years on end.

If you've had it a couple of months, it will close in a few weeks,

• 1 decade ago

It depends on how long your have had them. My mom got hers pierced when she was real young. I think she told me one time she went almost 5-6 years with out wearing earrings and hers didn't close up. I've had mine done for around 16 yrs and for about 8-9 of those years I only wore earrings for special occasions. Mine never came close to closing up even when I went a year with out wearing them. But then there are some people that can't go more than a month with out them closing up. I'd say just put an earring in once a month if you don't want to wear any. That way your almost sure they won't close up.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I have three holes on each ear and they've never closed on me even when I didn't put anything in them for up to a year. They can get a little "tight" sometime, but I can stick an earring in it and it's perfectly fine. I've had three cartilage piercings and they closed up on me within a couple months or so (I wanted them to).

Source(s): Personal experience
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They do close up. But thats if you dont wear any earrings for a few years.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

they do close up. but on how long they take to close up very by person. if what your doing is working to keep your ears pierced then keep it up.

Source(s): mine closed up on me once
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it takes a while took me months

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.