N
N asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

What's your favorite book and why?

My favorites are:

1. Life of Pi by Yann Martel. Pi's reasons for life are very justifying.

2. Living, Loving, and Learning by Leo Buscaglia. It gives me a sense of belonging.

3. Go Ask Alice by Anonymous. It really expresses the addictions of drugs over your mind and body.

4. The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera. It ended in a state of happiness and self realization.

Thanks for your input!

Favorite Answer

My faves are:

Anne of Green Gables-it is simply scrumptious and i've re read it more times than I can count

The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas because it is a brilliantly crafted tale.

Strangers

Watchers

One Door Away From Heaven

From the Corner of His Eye

False Memory

All written by Dean Koontz (my favorite author)

I like them because they are all great stories.

• My favorite book is the Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson (No, the lack of periods is not a typo). It's an old classic, but it's an interesting read becuase the story is so much different than most adaptations. Most of them get the basis of Jekyll's decision completely wrong. Also, as we tend to forget, the original readers of the book would have thought that Hyde was someone else, not a part of Jekyll. Trying to piece together what he would have been is a fun challenge.

I like the book best, though, becuase it's short, it's engaging, and it's about what it means to be a good person. It reminds me that I can't escape from myself and my own darkness. Etc. And there are some really funny moments.

Did I mention it's short? It's a shilling shocker, so it's only like 80 pages.

Alice in Wonderland/Alice through the looking glass

The simple children's story has some amazing philosophy and truisms

i have absolutely adored it since I was nine!!!!!

Alice: But I don't want to go among mad people.

The Cat: Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Alice: How do you know I'm mad?

The Cat: You must be. Or you wouldn't have come here.

Alice: Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?

The Cat: That depends a good deal on where you want to get to

Alice: I don't much care where.

The Cat: Then it doesn't much matter which way you go.

Alice: …so long as I get somewhere.

The Cat: Oh, you're sure to do that, if only you walk long enough.

Those are my favourite quotes : )

I love this book!!!!!

Chinese Cinderella a novel written by author Adeline Yen Mah which describes her experiences growing up in China during the Second World War. it was a true to life story that captivated me. This is a great book of a girl who is unwanted by her family and will touch the heart of all readers.

My favorite part was when his father was asked to write down the names of his daughter, but when he thinks of Adeline he can never write her name as though he has forgotten it.

*I also like the Harry Potter series by J.K Rowling

*Twilight

*Star

*The Devil and the Miss Prym

*Chronicles of Narnia

Jane Eyre

1) the style often described as intensely personal, perilously biographical, violently passionate, plus the powerful poetic prose and idiosyncratic writing.

2) the heroine (realistic, sincere, innocent, passionate, self-confident, outspoken, entirely likeable)

3) the experience of intense love and everlasting happiness that mixes well with reality as it is based on deeply personal but also universal feelings

4) the psychological truth, the need to combine the conflicting but essential needs of both love and Independence

5) the rebellion about the hypocrisy of church people, the pride of aristocracy, the position of women

6) the expression for the first time of women sexuality and desire, without guilts and lies

've got 2 favs.

1st the mediator series:

full of lovely emotions of love. really teaches u the meaning of true love.

2 nd the twilght series

well this book helps a person to be strong n realize its potentials n what all a person can do for his/her love.Its full of romance.

just try them cause they really fill ur heart with he magic of love, i bet.

HARRY POTTER.

It is AMAZING. I have received all my amazing wwriting skills from J.K.Rowling! i love the harry potter series. it totally pwns twilight. nothing can ever replace HARRY POTTER! I love harry potter. whenever i read it it is so intense i can read it over and over again and never get tired. it is amazing!

Source(s): I always read hp!

Haha, yes typical..but one of my favourite ones would have to be either:

Harry potter series.....its harry!!!

Or twilight series...how typical!

I read romantic book because its very attractive for me